Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(166)
Dadeville, Alabama

Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dadeville, Alabama that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 383 feet Route Type: Loop

Beautiful trail, well signed, pretty lake views, most scenic trail in Alabama

scenic trail

An amazing trail! You start at a high elevation and walk through the woods and rock formations down to the lake where the trail follows the lake where you will see beautiful views. The ascent is somewhat challenging. Hiking boots encouraged!

well marked and scenic. a section is now different than the prerecorded trail

Great trail, very shady, well marked. Will do this one again.

FYI....no bathrooms anywhere!!!! Beautiful trails But I think this should be marked more than "moderate"...it's a beautiful but physically challenging trail.

Pretty scenery. But, I prefer long, point to point trails. This Trail has more doubling back and winding around than I like.

Beautiful place to hike!!!!!! Trails marked well. The trails are very beautiful but also very challenging!! You'll definitely get your workout!!

Beautiful hike!! Marked well.

Nice trail, well established and easy to follow. The Mountain Laurel will be beautiful this spring.

Beautiful hike...A little steep at the end but totally worth it. Not too crowded and very nice views even in winter. Look forward to going again.

Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail was a great choice. Only had a few hour as I travel from Montgomery to Birmingham. Great for all ages if you walk your own hike. Well marked and maintained.

I was surprised by this trail. It was well marked and easy to follow.

A really nice trail. I ended up skipping 1/3 of the trail because I explored another trail straight down the hill to the water. I planned to go back up but I ended up on the trail anyways. There is alot of shorelines along the trail. It makes a nice spot to stop and rest or even picnic if you wanted to find a large rock.

I love this trail in the cooler months, but once it warms up there are endless banana spiders and orb weaver webs criss-crossing the trail (from what I can tell, the spiders come and go with the mosquitoes and other warm weather insects). I have hiked this trail half a dozen times and saw my first snake yesterday: a three foot long black racer right on the trail.

Great trail, beautiful views. My six year old came with me and did not have any problem’s. One spot where trailed forked that was a little confusing, but the all trails map kept us on track. Will definitely return.

Great trail, mostly shaded. Were quite a few spider webs. Trail length was perfect. Great view of chimney rock.

great trail

Thu May 09 2019

Nice trail. Well marked. Nice water views. Good workout - especially near the end. Steep elevation change. Did this alone, will definitely go again with my wife.

If you follow the marked trail it ends up being 4.1 miles. Still a great hike

Sun Nov 11 2018

Well marked, and you can walk a little or a lot.

Tue Oct 09 2018

Me and two friends did this last Saturday. Lots of banana spider webs. I saw a copperhead a foot off the trail, coiled and ready to strike. I took a stick and placed him a rock formation. Beautiful views of Lake Martin, and plenty of areas to take swim and cool off. Well blazed and Highly recommended!!

Tue Sep 11 2018

It’s a beautiful trail, I’m a beginner hiker so I found it challenging in some areas, it was very well marked and has a gorgeous view of the water. Hopefully this trail will become easier for me the more I do it! Warning though, there are so many spider webs!! Gotta constantly stay on the look out

Mon Sep 03 2018

Very nice hike enjoyed the view. Very good workout when you are on vacation. Trails marked clearly.

Sun Aug 12 2018

Always enjoy my hikes here. The flowers along the trail in the Spring are beautiful - my favorite time of year to hike this trail. Summer hikes are doable. Hot but manageable with water and frequent rest stops. There are shortened trails so if it’s too hot you can opt for these trails. Late Fall and Winter hikes are enjoyable with the cooler weather and less humidity.

Mon Aug 06 2018

Great trail with great views of the lake.

Thu Apr 12 2018

Need to have more trail markers on the north side. Beautiful walk.

Sun Mar 11 2018

Just a lot of fun. They've done a great job if incorporating a lot of hiking into a relatively small area. You could spend a lot of time loving it!

Sun Nov 12 2017

Was out on the trail early this morning and absolutely love it! The south loop is a great trail! Well maintained but it would help if there were a bit more markings. Gotta look hard with the leaves on the ground!!