Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Cemetery Loop and Indian Loop

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(36)
Chickasabogue Park

Cemetery Loop and Indian Loop is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Eight Mile, Alabama that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 134 feet Route Type: Loop

fee

flooded

Loved the many bridges even though many were in need of repair. Lots of beautiful outlooks. It had poured the night before, so a lot was flooded. Glad I wore my waterproof hiking boots! Relatively easy even with a 1 year old on my back, but felt like we did a lot of switch backs for no reason. We could see the other paths we had walked on from other paths. Only saw 6 people the entire 5 miles we hiked.

Lots of trail options, all that Ive tried are well-marked. Plenty of campsites too if interested! Very peaceful, there was hardly anyone out and about in the park. Park entry fee is $1 per person.

Hiked the Red bike trail, lots of Banana Spiders but sitting fun to hike. Only hiked 3 miles.

Very friendly staff. The trail was not the least bit busy. Peaceful.

Sat Aug 11 2018

Good distance and can lead to more trails for further hiking. Can make a good day if it.

Sat Mar 17 2018

If you are looking for a nice quiet walk in nature this is not the place. A good portion of cemetery trail butts right up against the I-65 right of way and the noise is horrendous. Listening to belching 18 wheelers whizzing by at 80 miles an hour ruined the whole experience for me.

Thu Jun 08 2017

I can tell this trail would be nice when it hasn't rained much in the recent past. Unfortunately for me, I visited during this time and the trails were pretty much impassable. I tried several different sections of the trail and most were flooded, or the trails themselves had turned into a creek. I gave up after about a half an hour of jogging around and left disappointed (partcularly since I am from out of town, staying in Lucedale and drove nearly an hour to get here).

Tue Apr 18 2017

Excellent trail and park!

Sun Oct 16 2016

cool

Sat Jul 30 2016

awsome

Sat Mar 12 2016

Amazing, trail was clear,, it's the woods so yes there was roots, rocks, puddles,,,,, but very clear. Clearly marked for both bikes and feet. The staff were amazing and every time I saw them they gave helpful tips and advice in the current trail conditions. It's been raining a lot and there are some drainage problems but nothing that would keep me from coming back. LOVED IT

Mon Jun 29 2015

Overgrown but a great example of a gulfcoast forest

Tue Sep 23 2014

I brought my 3 year old and carried my 2 month old. Lots of mosquitoes and lots of road noise on the beach trail. It's a nice dense forest though which made for shady and cooler temp hike. I'll try a different trail in the park next time, hopefully they aren't all next to the road.

Sat Jun 07 2014

This trail is in Chickasabogue Park. While I would consider it an easy trail, it was not clearly marked, much like most of the other trails in the park and not very well kept. We got lost and ended up on a disc golf course. I would almost go as far as saying that it is safer to go though the streams than to walk on the poorly kept and somewhat dangerous little bridges. I had to carry my dog over them because the planks were broken and they were covered with grid wire that was rusty and also quite in disrepair. We did get to see some turtles and snakes but our accidental Detour caused us to completely bypass any cemetery they may have been there.

Sun Nov 10 2013

Great Hike, easy trails, combined Cemetery Trail and Beach Trail, 4 miles. Trails well marked and maintained, lots of I 65 road noise on part of trail, but the rest of it was nice hike. Hiking in November is nice, with few bugs and cool weather.

Sun Apr 07 2013

Great bike trails. Easy riding for the most part only a few places where I had to walk my bike. Very peaceful, saw nobody on the trails. Only drawbacks were the trash was bad in a few places and there is constant road noise from I-65. Overall I had a great day and will be back many more times.

Mon Jul 25 2011

Chickasabogue Park is a wonderful place to take you family and friends. Lots of thing to do! Canoeing, hiking, disc golf, etc. Wonderful wildlife and beautiful forestry. Every trip I've ever taken to Chickasabogue ended with lots of smiles.

Sun Mar 31 2019