Cave Creek Trail from Cheaha Trailhead

Cave Creek Trail from Cheaha Trailhead is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lineville, Alabama that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

The Cheaha trailhead is a great starting point for many routes along the Pinhoti Trail. You can park a car here and do a day trip to many beautiful sites.

Good hike. Good camping spots. Great views.

Great day and a half hike. Lost of good camp spots.
Several scenic views.

Great trail, trail is very confusing at times. Didn't have any trail markings. Other than that enjoyed it

Magical to say the least! Hiked this trail in May and it was a wonderful adventure! There were plenty of elevation and landscape changes along the way always keeping it interesting! We saw a gorgeous endangered rattlesnake peacefully passing by! We also came upon an old plane crash sight! The view was incredible!

Great hike, has some challenging inclines. McDill trail is directly off this trail well worth the cut through for breath taking views and downed plane. Only thing I found very disappointing is the lack of marking on this trail with a hand full of very deceiving spots that could lead to hikers getting turn around.

I had a great time on the hike in. Started on the Eastern side of the trail, which was pretty smooth, met a few hikers along the way coming the opposite direction. Once I made the loop going on the Western side the trail became a lot harder for a 45 year old in the worst shape of his life. I had to make frequent stops but was determined to make McDill Point. I saw the plane wreckage and made it to McDill Point. I ate my lunch and continued on another mile and made my camp for the evening. The next morning I ate breakfast and hiked the last 2 miles out to complete the loop. For an out of shape 45 year old I would rate this trail on the hard side because of the Western side but I had a great time doing it.
I'm just learning how to use this ap so my hike is broken up into 4 sections, also some of the pictures I posted along the trail are in the wrong spot.

This trail/loop has something for everyone. There are small to mid size creeks, views to post on your social media, a small plane crash site to explore. The trail offers a wide range of hiking. There is the nice flat areas to the rockier (where did the trail go) places. Worth your time.

Beautiful view from Mcdill Point