Cathedral Caverns Yellow Trail Loop

Cathedral Caverns Yellow Trail Loop is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Woodville, Alabama that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

cave

Although I went down the Green trail(moderate, I’m sure that the other trails are very similar. It’s not much more than a hike through the woods. Not much to see. Trail is marked but there were moments I had to stop and really look for the next marker and at least twice I relied on my GPS and the trails app to get me back on track. It wasn’t bad, I just wanted to be sure. I’ll definitely go back to do the other 3 trails, blue, brown and yellow.

We hiked the GREEN trail on July 6. Overall, we rate the trail a C+. The first 30-40% of the trail is well-marked and cleared. The last half of the trail is just a muddy forest/timber service road. Very lazy for a state park trail. Also, there is a gun range within a mile or so - and constant gun shots take away from the experience.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014