Caney Creek Falls Trail

Caney Creek Falls Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Double Springs, Alabama that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Caney Creek is a great hike. Easy and always refreshing. Please always practice LNT Leave No Trace. Have fun hiking.

easy/fun hike the waterfall has a pool that was about 3ft when we went but I've heard from some people that it gets up to 10ft when heavy rainfall happens. Cant wait to go back!

I hiked in to the falls on July 29. The first mile or so is a logging road. Then you have a sandy trek through the woods. The last bit down to the water is quite steep. The falls are lovely and there is a nice swimming hole. The parking area is quite small.

Love the waterfall! There’s a place to swim and you can go behind the water fall! You can also jump off the top of the waterfall into the water below. There’s plenty of places to sit and relax. Only thing I can say is it’s rough to get down there....especially if you have small children. You have to be extremely careful going down and up. Can’t wait to go back when my kids are a bit older!

6-25-18. Trail closed. Logging operation in progress.

Still closed 6/24/18... haven’t been able to hike it yet

I have yet to hike this trail. Went today (6-21/18) and the trail was closed to the public. I’m not sure if some of it was washed out but that’s what it looked like. Just a heads up! Gonna try again in a few weeks.

Loved the hike. I carried my 5 yo twins and it was a little challenging. We decided to stay to the right of the trail and take the long way around. Took the other route on the way back. I was a little nervous walking up the side of the hill because the trail was so close to the edge. Just made sure I had a firm grip on the twins until we made it up. It’s a simple walk for the most part. The water fall was breathtaking. We will definitely hike this trail again.

Nice little hike. Very up and down, but not hard at all until you can hear the water where it drops down to the waterfall. So the hike out can be tough if you aren’t fit.

beautiful place. the falls are great!

I hiked this with my two boys (6 and 9) and we had a blast. The hike down to the falls was easy, back up it's steap but they ran up it most of the way. The falls were beautiful and we had a lot of fun hiking off trail around the area, mostly following the stream and skipping rocks.

Short and easy to follow. Not very scenic until you reach the falls and then it’s absolutely magnificent! After the spectacle keep hiking creek side for a bit to reach the lower falls.

Beautiful . We took my daughter with her month old daughter and our 3 year old and had no problems.

Easy walk in and out. Well worth the short trek.

Busy, family fun day hike.

Length of the entire trail (there and back) is about three miles.

Nice trail that winds through a few different types of forest. Some parts have been heavily hit by pine beetles.

The trail widens out under a grove of hemlock. Very pretty with ample shade. The creek is clear with a sandy bottom. Good for wading.

The path leading down to the falls is hidden. Head to the right along the top of the cliff. It's just below the edge. Very narrow.

Once you're down there, you can walk under the falls themselves. My four girls really got a kick out of this one. :)

great hike

love this trail and waterfall.. it us beautiful and easily traveled..up hill on the way back out.. everyone should try this trail. great for beginners easy to follow

Although it’s beautiful, if you will go down creek just a bit you will find lower caney creek falls. Very beautiful.

Awesome

Great for kids and adults short trail

beautiful short trail. Scenic walk down to cane Creek, beautiful double waterfall. approximate 20 foot waterfall at time with my visit

dcently easy trail, gravel or sand most of the way. closer to the fall some steeper hills with rocks to climb. beautiful waterfall though.

Decent trail. Gravel and sand. Not washed out too bad. All uphill on return.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Easy walk most of the way. The last couple of hundred yards down to the falls are relatively steep and could be taxing on the return to those with breathing difficulties without stopping to rest a couple of times. A rudimentary sign on the north side of County Road 2 marks the trail head and there is ample parking space along that side of the road. We went on Labor Day weekend and there were about a dozen cars parked there. The intersecting trail that parallels the south side of Caney Creek is narrow, with some steep drop-offs, so be careful there. I suspect that after a rain, footing on this trail segment could be slippery. The water in the pool below the falls is clear and inviting, but will be too cool for some folks.Lovely woods! Watch for the bigleaf magnolia trees; you will know them when you see them. All in all, a very nice short hike!

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

This is a beautiful waterfall you can walk behind. The hike is only strenuous at the very end. There are potential places to camp along the trail, but you would have to make your own spot.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Very pleasant hike with a refreshing destination (waterfall & rock formations). Got some good pics & the water was nice.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

First hike and it was a success! very scenic, awesome first hike spot. bring some swim trunks because the pool under the falls was about chest-deep.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Nice hike, beautiful scenery. Easy enough to bring kids along.