Cane Creek Canyon Nature Preserve

Cane Creek Canyon Nature Preserve is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tuscumbia, Alabama that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Privately owned scenic natural area open to the public at no charge. A cooperative project with The Nature Conservancy of Alabama.

Nice trails. Pretty scenery

Great trail. Pretty scenery.

What a beautiful place. Easy to get around and so much to see can't wait to go back this fall.

My family and I hiked the trail for 5 hours. We had a great time. It was beautiful!!

Loved loved loved

Challenging for being new to hiking well worth the struggles the views were absolutely amazing.. would love to try this trail again

Absolutely STUNNING! Have to go back soon because we barely scratched the surface! Didnt have time to get to Blue Hole or Devils Hollow, will be back later this week for sure!

I visited Cane Creek Canyon as a quick nature-fix while visiting with a friend who lives in Russelville. It's a bit tricky to get to if you're not watching the signs closely, but you'll know when you found it.

The parts of the trail that I walked are clearly marked. Some areas were rocky and/or slippery (more so in wet weather). Fresh drinking water and outhouses are found at comfortable intervals, as well as seating at scenic overlook points.

I only completed the front area of the preserve and found it an easy distraction from a too fast-paced life. Wildflowers and waterfalls, as well as some interesting geology, are a bonus to visiting the preserve.

great trail

2nd time to do this trail and it was just as amazing as the first. I love that there are still good people out there that just want to share what they have. The owners of the land are amazing people.

This is an amazing place to hike. We spent about 6 hours hiking the trails and splashing in the water. We hike the Smokies a lot and I think I love this place more. The care takers of the property are wonderful. They were so friendly and helpful. There are bathrooms and coolers of cold water to refill your water bottles throughout the hike. We will definitely be back. We can not wait to come back!! Thanks for the best hike we have experienced.

Highly recommend this trail. First time here. Family of six plus 1 four legged member. There is plenty to see and do. The cliff was breath taking. There is a nice waterfall. Our family favorite was the rock cave. Trails are nicely marked. Several places for fresh water fill ups and restrooms. We will be back!