Cane Creek Canyon Nature Preserve

Cane Creek Canyon Nature Preserve is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tuscumbia, Alabama that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Privately owned scenic natural area open to the public at no charge. A cooperative project with The Nature Conservancy of Alabama.

I visited Cane Creek Canyon as a quick nature-fix while visiting with a friend who lives in Russelville. It's a bit tricky to get to if you're not watching the signs closely, but you'll know when you found it.

The parts of the trail that I walked are clearly marked. Some areas were rocky and/or slippery (more so in wet weather). Fresh drinking water and outhouses are found at comfortable intervals, as well as seating at scenic overlook points.

I only completed the front area of the preserve and found it an easy distraction from a too fast-paced life. Wildflowers and waterfalls, as well as some interesting geology, are a bonus to visiting the preserve.

great trail

2nd time to do this trail and it was just as amazing as the first. I love that there are still good people out there that just want to share what they have. The owners of the land are amazing people.

This is an amazing place to hike. We spent about 6 hours hiking the trails and splashing in the water. We hike the Smokies a lot and I think I love this place more. The care takers of the property are wonderful. They were so friendly and helpful. There are bathrooms and coolers of cold water to refill your water bottles throughout the hike. We will definitely be back. We can not wait to come back!! Thanks for the best hike we have experienced.

Highly recommend this trail. First time here. Family of six plus 1 four legged member. There is plenty to see and do. The cliff was breath taking. There is a nice waterfall. Our family favorite was the rock cave. Trails are nicely marked. Several places for fresh water fill ups and restrooms. We will be back!

We loved this place! The trails were great and they were marked well. Although most of the hike was fairly easy there were several challenging places. The couple that own the property was super friendly and very helpful. And there were also rest stops along the trails with a picnic tables, garbage cans, and clean restrooms. We will definitely be back!

Wonderful Hike! Me and my dog Rudder really enjoyed this place. Very dog friendly and he loved the freedom without a leash! I will be back with my son!

Took my Family. We loved this trail! Great scenery,if needed they have restrooms on trail and rest areas with fresh drinking water. We'll definitely be back

What a wonderful place!

We spent a perfect Autumn Saturday at Cane Creek Canyon. Kids loved it! Dog liked it for the most part!

So impressed with the trail, but also with the hosts! They go out of their way to insure everyone has a positive experience. There are large coolers of ice water located throughout the trail. They offer hiking sticks and give plenty of advice and ideas about trails to try. Highly recommend!

This is a fabulous hiking area. The landowners are incredibly kind and generous. There were several restrooms stationed along the trails as well as coolers of water. The view from the point is just as good, if not better, than some of the views I've had from cabins in Gatlinburg. The trail is pretty steep in some areas.