Bluffline Trail to Alms House Trail Loop

Bluffline Trail to Alms House Trail Loop is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Huntsville, Alabama that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Water Line Trail section makes this loop strenuous. The trail is overgrown, steep, and rocky with few trail markers. AllTrails app enabled me to find my way back to the trail.

great trail.lots of trails that connect with others witch can create some confusion.well worth a day in the woods.

This is my favorite set of Land Trust trails. Alms House is a pleasant walk through quiet woods down to Three Caves, then Waterline wakes you up (and up and up and up) with its climb to Bluffline. There were no ropes when I went last week, and ice on the rocks made for a tricky scramble. Bluffline lets you get your breath back as you head to the parking lot.

Beautiful, fun and a great workout!

This was a fun but challenging trail.....especially for the inexperienced hiker. The Waterline trail that connects off the Bluffline is no joke! Steep and slippery climb. There are some ropes to hold on to for the ascent, but not the entire way up!!

Waterline is very steep and is very slippery after a rain. Next time I would like to start on Alms trail so I can climb up Waterline instead of going down. Altogether a very fun hike.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Not well marked but a nice challenge in an urban environment. Short, technical.

Friday, March 17, 2017

A nice hike. As others have mentioned, the Waterline trail is steep. I banged my knee on the way down and hiked the rest of the trail with a bloody knee. Overall trip took me about 2 hours to complete.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Easy to get lost at Water Line, but a hard hike that will definitely burn some calories.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Very nice forest hike in the middle of the city. It is quite and only occasional distant traffic can be heard. Be prepared to lose the trail along the Water Line section and forge your own way. The AllTrails app helped me get back to the main trail, which was more well-traveled and marked. The first section is overgrown and I didn't see trail markers along that portion, so I followed the rock and boulder path. That section is very steep. It was challenging, but enjoyable.

Saturday, April 29, 2017