Bluffline Trail to Alms House Trail Loop

Bluffline Trail to Alms House Trail Loop is a 4.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Huntsville, Alabama that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Water Line Trail section makes this loop strenuous. The trail is overgrown, steep, and rocky with few trail markers. AllTrails app enabled me to find my way back to the trail.

Not well marked but a nice challenge in an urban environment. Short, technical.

A nice hike. As others have mentioned, the Waterline trail is steep. I banged my knee on the way down and hiked the rest of the trail with a bloody knee. Overall trip took me about 2 hours to complete.

Easy to get lost at Water Line, but a hard hike that will definitely burn some calories.

Very nice forest hike in the middle of the city. It is quite and only occasional distant traffic can be heard. Be prepared to lose the trail along the Water Line section and forge your own way. The AllTrails app helped me get back to the main trail, which was more well-traveled and marked. The first section is overgrown and I didn't see trail markers along that portion, so I followed the rock and boulder path. That section is very steep. It was challenging, but enjoyable.