Alum Hollow Trail

Alum Hollow Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Burrows, Alabama that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

cave

New trail in the Green Mtn Nature Preserve Ministered by the Land Trust of North Alabama.

It was an easy hike it took about an hour, and led to a beautiful waterfall. Would be perfect for families with children.

Cool hike, several streams and small waterfall

Hiked this trail with our 10 year old Grandson today. Along the trail we noticed the entry and exit points for the East and West Plateau Loops. After doing the loopback to Alum cave we crossed the stream to see a small waterfall. Upon return we turned left onto the East Plateau Loop. Once back at the Alum Trail we headed back to the beginning bypassing the West Plateau Loop. Neither of these Loops are marked on the map at the trailhead.

Great trail!! Beautiful views of mountains & waterfall. Hike is listed as Easy but I'd say once you get close to falls..it's a bit steep. I'd say it was more of an easy hike in beginning & moderate as you near the falls. Well worth it to see the waterfall & cave. Would definitely hike this again!!

Great trail, vary nice waterfall. Well marked and maintained. I'll have to go back in the spring, I bet its gorgeous.

New trail in the Green Mountain Nature Preserve under management of the Land Trust of North Alabama (http://www.landtrustnal.org/nature-preserves) Nice gentle ups and downs, however, there is one short steep part at the trail's end just before Alum Hollow Cave. Total trail was about 2.3 miles out and back and took me and the hubby about 1.5 hours to complete. Only met a couple of people on the way back to the parking lot, so not crowded at all! Really nice day trip for us!