Fairy Pools

Fairy Pools is a 3.5 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Isle of Skye, Scotland, United Kingdom that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking.

3.5 km
144 m

Short, beautiful trail that we spent hours exploring! Peppered with multiple lovely waterfalls and rocks. Spellbindingly clear water with many different colors of rocks creates a fanciful atmosphere. Lots of people, not super easy to find the trailhead. Also, a little bit boggy--at once point my whole foot appeared to be below the grass!

great!

Wonderful!!!!!!!

Honestly was a little disappointed with the Fairy Pools. Yes, the little waterfalls are pretty, but I was expecting to find these during a little forest hike. It's literally an open field, crawling with people.

too many people. just some waterfalls.

Visited the fairy pools in May this year. We arrived at 7:30 in the morning to avoid the crowds. The car park was completely empty. It was a short easy walk to get to the pools. We started at the top and worked our way down. Took wetsuits so we were then able to spend lots of time exploring, climbing and jumping into the amazing pools. Spent 3 hours here. Well worth the visit, but would definitely advise arriving early, there were coaches and buses and a packed car park as we left.

Beautiful falls and pools that are set in a picturesque valley, surrounded by majestic mountains of luminous green. The path follows the stream, and in a couple of spaces there are a few rocks to hop, all well worth the journey.

My husband and I were in Scotland for our 20th anniversary and wanted a fairly easy hike. This fit the bill. It was beautiful even with the crowd. We were there in October so it was busy but not overwhelmingly so. I can imagine it would be packed in other months.

Pretty and easy, but crowded.

Unfortunately the Fairy Pools were a case of expectation vs reality. the photoshopped pictures online are not what you're likely to see. Photos on this page are accurate. Admittedly the water is a cool color. Crowded trail with people crawling all over the creek and obstructing views. --I think that's what no one tells you is that you have to climb down into the creek to get the best shots you see online.
It is scenic because it is Scotland, but is not in my top 5 hikes on the Isle of Skye.

The surrounding mountains are impossible to appreciate in photos. The hike itself is easy, but usually wet. Lots of tourists but early morning is the best time of day to go if you dress warm.

Excellent hike even in the rain. Would definitely do it again. Very scenic

Easy but wear waterproof hiking boots. My 5 year old had no problem doing this. Gorgeous views!