Westerham Loop

Westerham Loop is a 8.0 kilometer loop trail located near Westerham, England, United Kingdom. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for walking.

8 km
312 m

Take time out to savour the seasonal colours and scents of these hilltop woodlands high above the historic town of Westerham. Look out for... - Bluebells and rhododendrons in Spring; sweet chestnuts and fungi in Autumn - Moss and lichen - Bats at dusk - A rare 14th century wooden spiral staircase in the tower of St Mary's Church, Westerham - Chartwell, once home to Sir Winston Churchill

I walked this route a couple of weeks ago. I didn't use AllTrails but very closely followed the route shown using an OS map and compass.

I parked as Hosey Common, rather than in Westerham, which doesn't have much/any free parking I could find.

Mostly you can follow the Greensand Way but sections through the woods can be a confusing without a compass as it's easy to lose your bearings and there are many paths.

It was foggy when I went and unfortunately Chartwell House was closed for the winter also but the route goes right past the main entrance.

Very enjoyable and recommended. It took me just under 3 hours including a lunch break, although I didn't stop for long as it was cold!