Scafell Pike

Scafell Pike is a 9.7 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Wasdale Civil Parish, England, United Kingdom that features a lake. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

9.7 km
1051 m

Scafell Pike is the highest mountain in England, at an elevation of 978 meters above sea level.

Very nice hike, at times a little rough with ankle biting rocks, but very manageable. I went up towards Great Gable and decided that I had enough time to climb that one as well. It was a bit extra at 1500 feet to 2800 feet, and back down again, but I did have all day. Then went around the back side of Scafell Pike (although the corridor route looked like a good way to go). I lucked out and had a day with great views, and greatly enjoyed the high point of England. Coming back down along the route in this map was quite beautiful, with creek flowing, and all the sheep nearby made my day something unique for this American!

Good fun. Not toooo hard, but easy to get lost when the clouds come over so stick to the path. I recommended doing a loop round up to the path south of Great Gable, and down the valley back to Wasdale and end at the pub for a quick refreshment