Peak District - Mam Tor - Lose Hill - Castleton

Peak District - Mam Tor - Lose Hill - Castleton is a 15.3 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Peak Forest Civil Parish, England, United Kingdom that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until September.

15.3 km
652 m

Such a lovely walk, only took around 3 hours

It was the first hike of my parents both 60 yo. Wasn’t too tiring and they enjoyed fantastic view all the way.

My first hike, and what a lovely one I think I will hike way more often after this !

Nice walk, great scenery. I followed the app and would rate the walk at least as moderate unless, I went off route. The app performed well, thankfully. It was my only guide, the GPS seems very accurate.

Fab walk on a sunny day. Amazing views. Will be visiting again for sure!

Lovely walk - Cavedale was a definite highlight!

good walk, great views but tough for us unfit novices.

Beautiful view. Easy trail to hike and walk. Good for all ages.

Rather easy walk, beautiful scenery. We walked mainly in the rain so there was a lot of mud and even a stream on some parts of the route.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Great day and a great hike!! We research this place as a detour as we head up North to the Lake District national park. Cool little town where you start and finish. Great for a cold drink at the end of your day. We took the Lose Hill/Holland Cross route to Mam Tor then an abbreviated route back to Castleton. Would have given 5 stars but no water and that is a critical part of my rating scale.
Beautiful views. Definitely worth the trip.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Nice family walk, cool Bowes from the hill and Nice stones on the incline. Very windy but fun! Nice place to grab a sandwich and coffee at the bottom of the road.