Chang Kian Waterfall

Chang Kian Waterfall is a 1.9 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching.

Distance: 1.9 km Elevation Gain: 109 m Route Type: Loop

A great trail for beginners, but it is steep in places, and you will need to be careful when you cross the stream twice. If you don't slip your feet will stay dry. It's a really private waterfall, hardly any visitors, so the trail can be a bit overgrown at times.

lots of fun. a bit overgrown in parts but the waterfall is very worth it. nice relaxing hike and not too strenuous.

Nice, easy walk. We had 5 yr old with us who didn't even complain. Not loads of water after dry season but still beautiful and refreshing. At the start, just before trail begins, you need to pass thru government premises that have no entry signs but you may pass through. We parked motorbike just outside of the fence though.

Nice one! I didn’t see anyone. Waterfall is very nice! I spent half hour there just enjoying. I also recommend walk from the Zoo to there. Very nice area!

nice trail that really gives you beautiful nature and an amazing waterfall. we did not meet any other people during this trail. Downsides is that it is quite remote and some of the trail are overgrown and muddy. we recommend renting a motorbike to get up there

Sunday, September 23, 2018

I’m so stupid! The easy class but I still get lost!! Lol but finally I still got to see the waterfall. It’s wonderful.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Really lovely hike to two different waterfalls. No one else on the trail that day. I would not rate this as an easy hike though; I think it should be moderate as the trail is not well marked, it is overgrown with bushes and there is a fair amount elevation gain.

Monday, February 12, 2018

it's a nice and peaceful trail. went there on a Sunday and there was no one. the trail is a bit abandoned. make sure to have battery to guide yourself through the trails without getting lost. the trails offers beautiful scenery and nice views of Chiang Mai as well.

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Trailhead is by a mini assault course, trail a little overgrown but very secluded, the waterfall is very nice though watch out for biting red ants! You can get to the top of the waterfall but it involves some rock scrambling through dense undergrowth and through head high growth at the top, worth it for the view though.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017