Mount Kilimanjaro Machame Route

Mount Kilimanjaro Machame Route is a 57.0 kilometer moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Barangata, Kilimanjaro, Tanzania that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

57 km
5347 m
Point to Point

This is the route to climb Kilimanjaro via Machame route. Seven day trip, camping on the mountain six nights.

Hike of a lifetime. We did it in 5 days and loved the route and the ability to do it quickly based on our limited time in Tanzania. We used Summit Africa and couldn't have been happier.

Loved this route. Great if you have others in your group who may need more time to acclimate to the altitude; depending on the time of year it can get very cold during the nights and especially on the summit. (My water was freezing in the hydration bladder so I had to hike with the bladder inside my jacket) Choose a local outfitter to guide your group, it provides much needed employment to the people who live near here. We went with Zara Tours and they were great!

Amazing experience have done it 2xs looking forward to next climb and going back!!!❤

This was an awesome trail and a great experience. We took five days to complete the route. I would
Love to try and do it in 1-2 days. If you are thinking about it, DO IT!

Tuesday, August 02, 2016