Domhuttenweg to Suspension Bridge

Domhuttenweg to Suspension Bridge is a 5.8 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Randa, Valais, Switzerland that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips.

Distance: 5.8 km Elevation Gain: 549 m Route Type: Loop

Enjoyed this trail. You might feel that you’ll never get to the top because it’s steep pretty much the whole way up to the bridge but it’s worth it. Take lots of water, pace yourself and enjoy your lunch at the top of the trail.

Overall a great trail. The beginning is pretty steep, more than I was expecting, but doable. It was definitely a good workout. The views from the bridge are worth the effort put in to get there. I would recommend bringing hiking poles and lots of water. In the afternoon, the way down was pretty sunny. Would recommend, but maybe not to first time hikers.

Good, steep trail with well marked signs. My fiance and I who are pretty avid hikers completed the round trip in 2 hours.

We loved it! From the train in Randa up to the trail and completing the loop and back to train is 4.8 miles with 2000ft of vert. Great trails, steep and rocky but worth it! The lookout is great, check it out you will know you are at the lookout when you see the Stone Saint locked alter. We took the looped trail to the right at top of road as opposed to going left at top. I would say going right at top has its steep sections but the left seems steeper. The downhill is technical either way. Enjoy it! Trail is well marked and easy to follow as well.

This trail was awesome. not what I would call moderate but well worth it.

Incredible hike, but I would not call the trail moderate!

This is a great hike up to the bridge with a great view of Matterhorn from the bridge. At the top there are a few picnic tables that are a good resting point for food before you head back down. We did this hike with a 9 year old and he definitely had more energy than all of the adults. It gets tiring but I recommend going slow to save your energy.

Monday, July 30, 2018