Kungsleden: “The King’s Trail"

Kungsleden: “The King’s Trail" is a 105.3 kilometer moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Abisko, Norrbotten, Sweden that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from August until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 105.3 km Elevation Gain: 2,470 m Route Type: Point to Point

This route is a portion of the Kings Trail which runs for 270 miles between Abisko and Hemavan. The trail includes plank walkways covering swampy or rocky ground, but other sections further from the trailheads are eroded and rocky, increasing the difficulty of hiking some parts of the trail. The trail is separated in four portions--each representing approximately one week of hiking.

just a short bit in Abisko.

Definitely the most memorable trail I've ever hiked. I went in september 2017 with 3 friends. We had 2 tents and went from Abisko to Nikkaluokta. We were so lucky that we caught the magical northern lights not one, not two but three nights! I will never forget this. This is a must do if you're looking for an unforgettable adventure

we start in Abisko, we trek for a week about 100 km. Very nice few people, you can sleep in the huts or camp. Rich of water.

The Kungsleden trail is the most beautiful and exciting hike I've ever done. The nature is very scandinavian and breathtaking. Wide horizons, turquoise lakes, a lot of reindeer, and cozy refuges with kind staff made this trip special. I did the part from Abisko to Nikkaluoakta in 2016. It was about 100km in 6 days. The weather was mild and beautiful. I recommend taking 7-8 days for relaxed hiking. Theres no need for heavy backpacks as food can be bought and prepared cheaply in the refuges, and water can be drunk from most lakes and streams.

I only did about ten miles. Very nice path. Many backpackers from all over Europe.

bridge out
Saturday, June 30, 2018

Hello. The kungsleden is a nice easy walk from Abisko to Hemavan. Most people walk only the first 100 km in the North. I have walked the trail from South to North in 17 days, including 1 rest day. About 450 kilometers, started on June 30, 2018. The great thing is the midnight sun, it is the end of June, 24 hour daylight. The route is well marked and there are many mountain huts so you can walk without a tent. I have slept most nights in my tent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sktqMYKM5G8&t=175s

Thursday, April 27, 2017