Gros Piton Trail

Gros Piton Trail is a 3.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near the city of Micoud, St. Lucia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and scenic driving and is accessible year-round.

scenic driving

I went with my family while on vacation. This is a very challenging trail as it is a quick hike with the guides. It is steep. The trail is divided into four portions and more than a third of those hiking with us could not make it. Take water and a snack. The views are amazing and you will feel accomplished and in need of a full lunch and a swim in the beautiful waters of at. Lucia!

I did this hike in 2012. It is a guided hike (that's just how they do it there) and it is extremely hard. At one point you are climbing up a rocky incline. It's not a dangerous type of hard, the rocks are scattered enough they function like steep steps. I never thought I was going to fall. The "hard" was more of a physically challenging type of hard. It wasn't the incline that was hard for me. I was able to make it up that steep rock-stepping incline just fine (if I had to guess it would be like 45 minutes with the stair master on the absolute hardest setting). What I found extremely hard was the decline (after completing the incline). It got to a point where my legs felt like noodles and with every steep-step down I was worried my legs wouldn't actually hold up, I was worried that when I took each next steep step that my leg would crumble... but they did and it was so so rewarding to have completed this hike.

Incredibly beautiful. Words can't describe the sights, however more difficult hike than advertised

One of the BEST and most challenging hikes I have done!