Peninsula de la Magdalena

Peninsula de la Magdalena is a 2.9 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Santander, Cantabria, Spain and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, trail running, and nature trips.

Distance: 2.9 km Elevation Gain: 61 m Route Type: Loop

beach

historic site

My children, ages 6 & 10 & 10, all boys, and I (Mom), loved this trail in May, 2019. It was paved and magical. We walked through a Rose Garden, stopped to play on the playground, saw cute ducks with a man made duck house village, climbed castle walls, looked out over the ocean, looked back at the town of Santander, looked out over the golf course, and then found a beautiful lighthouse! Gorgeous! My children (age: 6, 10 and 10) and I really enjoyed this road in May 2019. There was a sidewalk all the way. It was magical. We walked in the rose garden, stopped to play with children's toys, climbed castle walls, saw the sea, Ducks with a small town with little houses for ducks (handmade), the town of Santander, golf players, and finally we found a beautiful lighthouse!

A lovely beachfront walk in Santander, Spain along the Playa del Sardinero to the headland park of Recinto de la Magdalena. Lovely ocean views and a beautiful park with a royal palace. A very easy stroll.

Walk around a coastal headland with spectacular sea views and a pretty palace thrown in.