Bokmakierie Trail (11.5 km Route)

Bokmakierie Trail (11.5 km Route) is a 11.9 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Midvaal NU, Gauteng, South Africa that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 11.9 km Elevation Gain: 436 m Route Type: Loop

scenic driving

Gates open at 07h00 and be sure to bring cash along as their sign reads no cheques or credit cards. They do have a card machine but it wasn't online so I'm not sure if it'll work. I really enjoyed running this trail! Quite rocky and technical at times so took it slow over these parts. There were some flatter stretches as well where you can open up a bit. Overall I'd rate it a moderate trail and would like to return to try improve my time.

I definitely enjoyed this hike. Good elevation and technical most times, definitely need to keep your wits about you. I’m off to a three day and two night hike in the Berg soon and this was definitely good practice!

I enjoyed it. Will do it again

its quiet amazing and the scenery awesome

Great hike, so close to JHB - a great way to visit mama nature without needing to stay overnight. It's about 3.5hrs or 4 hrs to do the Bokmakierie trail - there's game to be seen as well! Full youtube review https://youtu.be/LY4nIzqb4PU (or search for "Bokmakierie" or "Suikerbosrand"). No streams or rivers so bring water.