West Highland Way and Rob Roy Way Circular Walk

West Highland Way and Rob Roy Way Circular Walk is a 5.6 kilometer loop trail located near Alexandria, West Dunbartonshire, Scotland that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

Distance: 5.6 km Elevation Gain: 152 m Route Type: Loop

This is a circular loop designed to provide short stints on two famous Scottish long-distance footpaths: the West Highland Way and the Rob Roy Way. The route starts and ends from the village square in Drymen, Scotland.

No one walks 100 miles in the Scottish rain without a reason to do so! I walked it to find myself after a difficult period in my life. So glad that I did. It was wonderful. On my first night I stayed at a fabulous hotel called Ardoch House Hotel. Truly exceptional. It is also a nature retreat offering yoga, reiki, etc. Seriously cool. If I am honest that was the best place that I stayed at over my 6 day/night walk. Great value for money too. If you are walking the WHW then stay here on your first night for some hippy luxury.

Saturday, October 20, 2018