Ben Nevis Mountain Path is a 17.2 kilometer out and back trail located near Fort William, Highland, Scotland that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 17.2 km Elevation Gain: 1,349 m Route Type: Out & Back

First mountain climb I’m very happy I used this app before climbing Ben Nevis

epic climb.. 7hrs with pit stops.. it's a must do trail

not that special to hike. lots of tourists

Hiked Ben Nevis is 2016 with my two cousins. We got so lucky with a beautiful, clear, sunny day! It is a very long hike, so be prepared with lots of snacks and water. We kept thinking we were half way up when we weren’t. The views at the summit are absolutely stunning and it is certainly a big achievement when you reach the top. Proper hiking shoes and layers for when you reach the summit are a must of course! Loved this mountain walk

Completed this trail on Thursday 27/6/19. Set off about 6.50am. Hard climb, tough on the legs. Amazing views from the summit. Once the sun is up the whole trail is in direct sunlight so take sunscreen hats etc. We completed the round trip in 16.5km from bridge at the car park, in 6hrs 45min with half an hour rest at the summit.

Bagging the Ben is an awesome accomplishment. It's definitely not the most interesting hike I've done, since it's mostly a very straight-forward path of stone steps pretty much all the way to the summit. This hike definitely makes your calves burn, since it's practically 17 kilometres of stairs. It is also a VERY long day hike. Me and my Dad are used to hiking in the Canadian rockies, but this hike left us pretty exhausted on a hot day, since it's so long. Almost anyone could climb Ben Nevis if they are eager for a challenge, since there is almost nothing on this hike that is difficult or technical. However, this hike does require large amounts of perseverance and grit. It's extremely rewarding to look down from the highest point of the UK, so make sure to bag the summit, and take a snack or lunch break while you're up there. Allow all day to complete this hike; it took me and my Dad about 9 hours including a long lunch break at the summit and lots of photo stops.

My wife and I completed this beautiful hike on Sunday June 23rd in perfect weather. There was no snow on the trail and the view was spectacular from multiple areas along the trail . The trail is very rocky almost the whole way and you need to really focus to prevent falls—— we did see one very bloody area on our way down where someone got in trouble. The time for our round trip with a half hour at the top was 8 hours but I’m 75 and wife is 68 so we are slower than in the past. Going down was only slightly faster than up because of the rocky trail. This hike was well worth doing although in rain I might have given it a pass strongly suggest hiking boots for this rocky trail and we really were happy we each had a hiking pole. The collapsible poles packed easily and no problem with airport security.

A little highway! Many people while we are only in June, must say that the weather was really top. Super well maintained path, stone staircase. Super view!

Rained on us for a couple hrs going up but before we hit the cloud line it had stopped. Gorgeous views up and down, we just weren’t able to see anything above the final quarter of the hike due to cloud cover.

Aside from the weather (wind & rain) it was really enjoyable.

Tough climb but well worth conquering Scotland's highest peak!

Great tour!

Wow, stunning route that goes on forever! A tough route but doable for everyone. Took me 2hrs 40mins from the car park to the summit then 2hrs to come down. My legs are killing me today tho!

extremely challenging especially when you have bad weather at the summit.

4/5/19

Fantastic the views from the top of the mountain ranges are superb. This is difficult under foot as it's probably 95% hard ground, stone and rock but it's worth it. We went in April and experienced every season in one day. There was snow at the top which made it very special.

Bring plenty of water and wear appropriate hiking shoes and bring lots of layers.

3 hrs 40 up