West Highland Way: Drymen to Balmaha

West Highland Way: Drymen to Balmaha is a 12.4 kilometer point-to-point trail located near Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 12.4 km Elevation Gain: 458 m Route Type: Point to Point

Beautiful countryside path. I strongly taking the road going up Conic Hill. It is an long, easy ascent..the descent is really hard on the knees especially if you have been hiking since Milngavie! Great reward at the end with the Oak Tree Inn and the coffee and ice cream shop!

Easy to follow section of the way. Steady uphill to Conic Hill cutoff. After hill steep but easy downhill even for a short legged woman

No one walks 100 miles in the Scottish rain without a reason to do so! I walked it to find myself after a difficult period in my life. So glad that I did. It was wonderful. On my first night I stayed at a fabulous hotel called Ardoch House Hotel. Truly exceptional. It is also a nature retreat offering yoga, reiki, etc. Seriously cool. If I am honest that was the best place that I stayed at over my 6 day/night walk. Great value for money too. If you are walking the WHW then stay here on your first night for some hippy luxury.

Thursday, May 31, 2018