Learn more

PRC12 PIC Lajes do Pico is a 7.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Piedade, Azores, Portugal that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

Length 7.8 mi Elevation gain 1,804 ft Route type Loop

Photos (9)
Recordings (1)
Completed (2)
Ine R
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 29, 2019
Hiking
First to Review

I did this trail in July 2019 and did not cross any other hikers. There are no directions along the path at all so I’d recommend charging your phone before you start so you can check the map available in this app. I went on a wrong path only once, because I had to cross a fence to go the correct way in stead of just continuing the normal path. I’d recommend you do this trail in clockwise direction starting from Lajes since the first part is quite steep and the road is very uneven. I think this would have been a bit tricky if I had to go down on this path. Very nice views, especially on a not so cloudy day!