Learn more

São Luís Lookout Loop is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Setúbal, Alentejo, Portugal that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Length 5.2 mi Elevation gain 1,161 ft Route type Loop
Photos (43)
Recordings (11)
Completed (19)
User User
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 19, 2020
View User's Recording
Ronke Ayoola
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 19, 2020
HikingGreat!Over grownPrivate propertyRocky

The Trail offered outstanding views of the city and the ocean below. It was challenging in the best way possible with plenty of scenery and interesting landscapes. The road we took that lead to the church (Capela de São Luis) was marked as private however we didn't meet any resistance and we are pretty sure the church was abandoned. There are NO Signs so ensure you have the map downloaded or some signal on your phone to get through. With plenty of twists and turns referring to the map often interrupted the hike a little bit but I'm sure some people will enjoy the orienteering challenge! Some of the trails where overgrown and when you reach the São Luís lookout, the downhill climb is VERY risky (if you do it the recommended anti-clockwise route which we suggest) , I had to travel down on my bum as it was incredibly steep - I wouldn't recommend children or inexperienced hikers on this journey. However despite it's shortcomings it was well worth the view and the workout. Thoroughly enjoyed my first hike on Alltrails.

João Abadia
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 25, 2020
Hiking

The trail offered amazing views to the bay of Setúbal and Troia, and we passed through some portions where the trees covered the track, offering a cool breeze and a secluded feeling. At first, I regretted not bringing my dog but midway I was actually happy that I didn't because this trail is NOT EASY. There was this part right before reaching the observation tower (we did it clockwise, that is the opposite direction that was suggested) that was really steep and I often had to use my hands on the floor for balance, plus some really narrow parts where I had to push the vegetation aside. This doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it, I sure did! Just don't want anyone thinking that this is an easy one, I wouldn't recommend bringing dogs or kids with you. Finally, there is no proper parking near the suggested starting point to begin the trail, only on the side of the road. I'd suggest parking near the Capela de São Luis, that is a good starting/ending point and has space for parking. It was my first trail using AllTrails and I was joined by my girlfriend in this adventure. We're really happy with the experience. Thank you to the poster of the track!!

João Barbosa
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 21, 2020
WalkingMuddyOff trailRocky
Mink Hoek
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 1, 2020
HikingMuddyOff trail
View Mink's Recording
Joan Gilrain
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 7, 2019
HikingRocky
View Joan's Recording
Carlos Fairfield
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 13, 2018
First to Review

easy going but enough exercise through a natural and beautiful area of oaks and flowers going by a wonderful community of natural personal development called SerVivo with wonderful nice people. Top rate *****

Bruno Ferreira
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 12, 2020
View Bruno's Recording
Mark Biddulph
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 2, 2020
View Mark's Recording
João C.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 23, 2020
Pedro Cadilha
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 17, 2020
oliver hye-knudsen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 15, 2020
View oliver's Recording
Moritz Richartz
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 7, 2020
Alexey Zagorodniy
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 28, 2019
View Alexey's Recording