Chuda Przelaczka Loop

Chuda Przelaczka Loop is a 15.8 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near TatrzaÅski, Małopolskie, Poland that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and backpacking and is best used from April until October.

15.8 km
1,063 m

My favorite hike I’ve ever been on. I live in Colorado, USA so trust me it’s saying something. The terrain is extremely unforgivable. Rocks the whole way but you’re constantly rewarded with amazing views each step of the way. It’s just pristine. I found myself falling because I couldn’t stop staring all around me. If you’re an intermediate hiker with the right gear you have to take this peak on. I didn’t see the name that All Trails names this hike at all so you just have to look for the Czerwone Wierchy (Ciemniak) trail head signs. You can either start on the red trail and come down the green or vice versa. I’d say if you want to knock out the hardest part first start with the red. Very steep and rocks rocks rocks. If it’s rainy it will slow you down. I started with the green and came back down red and would probably do that again. Weather changed prettt quickly at the peak and I found myself in a cloud with some rain. There wasn’t crazy wind so it was manageable but it was a little scary rolling in. Enjoy.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Route begins in Koscieliska valley. The valley was very crowded since it is an easy walk and the location of many excursions. Once the red trail splits off and the first major climb starts this thins out to only a handful of hikers. The climb to Chuda Przelacka is quite steep and rocky, and affords beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. From there, you can continue the climb to the Czerwony Wierchy (Red Peaks). From Chuda Przelacka we descended via the green route to the Ornak hut. The first hour of the descent is steep through numerous rock formations and then enters a pine forest. At the Ornak hut the green route rejoins the Koscieliska valley and is a leisurely last descent back to the trailhead. The hut has a kitchen and food and drinks are available.