Chuda Przelaczka Loop

hard 11 reviews

Chuda Przelaczka Loop is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bukowina Tatrzańska, Lesser Poland (Malopolskie), Poland that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, camping, and backpacking and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 9.8 miles Elevation Gain: 3,487 feet Route Type: Loop

I took red up and green down, hard to say what is best. Going up kicked my ass in terms of endurance but isn’t technically difficult. There is a serious lack of mountainous terrain here, its basically just a long uphill walk so if you’re looking for an actual challenge and some scrambling don’t do this trek. The pine forest on the way down was a pleasant surprise as it follows the river all the way down, but as soon as you get back to the main track there is floods of people. Worth doing once for the pine forest and views of zakopane on the red trail but a little disappointed.

amazing and very challenging trail. Red line up, blue line down as suggested in previous reviews. the only addition I would make is the overall timing. it's more like 4-5 hours with breaks from start to finish. I'll add a picture of the local map to help future hikers.

Stunning , one of the best hikes I've ever been on. Not for newbie hikers.

Awesome trail! The beginning starts on a simple path heavily trafficked until you reach the turn off. Along the way you will find the entrance to cave for a small fee. The cave is cool, but requires some crouching or crawling and may be a bit flooded, prepare for wet shoes. At the exit of the cave, you can climb over the stairs to the right to a little area with a nice veiw. The stairs lead to a river, more simple path. We took an alternate route; if you continue straight to the middle path instead of turning left to loop back towards the beginning. Take this path through a wooded trail, it will dead end at a pond with a deck. The veiw and overall atmosphere here is absolutely pristine. The pond is surrounded by woods and overlooks the mountain peaks. So peaceful.

Sun Jun 24 2018

My favorite hike I’ve ever been on. I live in Colorado, USA so trust me it’s saying something. The terrain is extremely unforgivable. Rocks the whole way but you’re constantly rewarded with amazing views each step of the way. It’s just pristine. I found myself falling because I couldn’t stop staring all around me. If you’re an intermediate hiker with the right gear you have to take this peak on. I didn’t see the name that All Trails names this hike at all so you just have to look for the Czerwone Wierchy (Ciemniak) trail head signs. You can either start on the red trail and come down the green or vice versa. I’d say if you want to knock out the hardest part first start with the red. Very steep and rocks rocks rocks. If it’s rainy it will slow you down. I started with the green and came back down red and would probably do that again. Weather changed prettt quickly at the peak and I found myself in a cloud with some rain. There wasn’t crazy wind so it was manageable but it was a little scary rolling in. Enjoy.

Sun Jul 16 2017

Route begins in Koscieliska valley. The valley was very crowded since it is an easy walk and the location of many excursions. Once the red trail splits off and the first major climb starts this thins out to only a handful of hikers. The climb to Chuda Przelacka is quite steep and rocky, and affords beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. From there, you can continue the climb to the Czerwony Wierchy (Red Peaks). From Chuda Przelacka we descended via the green route to the Ornak hut. The first hour of the descent is steep through numerous rock formations and then enters a pine forest. At the Ornak hut the green route rejoins the Koscieliska valley and is a leisurely last descent back to the trailhead. The hut has a kitchen and food and drinks are available.

Mon Oct 29 2018