Inca Trail Trek

Inca Trail Trek is a 33.0 kilometer heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Unincucho, Cusco, Peru that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until September.

33 km
2723 m
Point to Point

Just returned from the most rewarding experience in my life. My wife and I did the trail for our 60th birthday, day two was challenging, but reaching the top of Dead Woman Pass and being one with Pacha Mama was well worth it.

Can I do this trail alone or is a guide mandatory? How long does it take to do this trail?

Amazing trek & entire experience! Wow! Too bad I hear it's becoming overrun by the masses of tourists.

Just beautiful. Hard, specially the second day, but amazing trek.

Machu Picchu was on my bucket list to visit, so when I saw the trip in a hiking meetup I knew I had to go. I am a day hiker so this was my first backpacking trip. I highly recommend Alpaca Expeditions. Fantastic guides, great chef, they really spoiled us so we could focus on the amazing scenery, learn about the Incas, the Quechua lifestyle, the different flora and fauna. This was such a beautiful hike and yes strenuous due to the altitude, the big temperature changes from morning till night and a lot of long days. We ended up doing 30 miles with all our side trips including Huaynapicchu. Machu Picchu was glorious from the Sun Gate but once you are there it's overrun by tourists. The trail is limited to 200 people a day so not at all crowded.

Completed the trail with Llama path and had an amazing time. Highly recommend that group and capped it off by hiking up Huayna Picchu after exploring Macchu Picchu. Went right at the start of the rainy season but only get some light showers on one day.

Did this for my 32nd birthday with G adventures. It was absolutely incredible, with ancient Incan ruins and porters that helped set up camp and cooked meals. I honestly liked the trail better than Machu Picchu

The Inca Trail was seriously a life changing event. We did a private tour with Alpaca Expeditions and couldn't be happier. Every person with us was amazing and friendly.

The trail was really hard for all of us. including my wife who just ran a marathon a week prior. In fact, one person didn't make it, she turned around midway through day two.

I highly recommend this trail for your bucket list!!

Great experience! Definitely challenging but not impossible. My wife and I had a great time!

Requires some serious effort. Get a porter if you're not sure of your backpacking skills and try to go in non rainy season if you're scared of heights.

Did this back in 1999 before they started restricting numbers. Four exhilarating days, especially day two ascending to Dead Woman's Pass. Unforgettable experience.

I'm planning on visiting Peru in August to do this hike. If anyone wants to join me.

Tonybelex@gmail.com