Reinebringen

Reinebringen is a 1.6 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Moskenes, Nordland, Norway that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from June until November.

1.6 km
438 m

A very steep and sometimes muddy path to the 448m peak of Reinebringen rewards with awe-inspiring views.

Great hike. Make sure you take the stairs, we did not and got to portions where the trail just ended. The view at the top is amazing, but I would recommend getting up early to do it. I got up around 7:30 to do it. on the way down there were a ton of people, and with that many people and a narrow trail with steep drops off the side makes it a little difficult. I would also keep in mind to do this when it is dry. I did this the day after it rained and it was pretty slick at a few areas which made it a pretty tricky. Over all I would recommend doing it unless you have a fear of heights, and remember TAKE THE STAIRS!

Strenuous hike with one of the most fantastic payoffs at the top. It ascends about 1500 feet over about half a mile, so it's steep! The locals will tell you the trail is closed while they are working on a set of stairs to make the climb a little safer, but you can still do the hike without them. The initial part is through some trees and over some slippery rocks. I did this hike after a few days of rain, and it wasn't easy initially! Lot's of mud and wet rocks. Boots are very much recommended, but that being said, my friend (who is not experienced at hiking) had his luggage lost and had to climb this in my Nike sneakers. Tough, but by no means impossible.

After you get out of the trees, it gets very steep. Be sure to watch for loose rocks that can trip you up and then be sent down the mountain. Please be vocal if you knock some loose! I almost got clocked by tumbling rocks because the cllimbers ahead of us didn't say anything.

We made it to the top after about an hour, and were rewarded with one of the best views I've ever seen. If you split off to the right, you go do a bit of a climb and end up about 50 feet higher. There is a path off to the left which also provides spectacular views. Be aware that if you are afraid of heights, this is a lot! But don't let it stop you. It's worth it.

The path up was relatively easy to find, with a big arrow near the E10 tunnel entrance. The first part of the track was not too steep but very muddy. The second part was very steep and slippery. But was worth it for the views, which are just incredible!
Track notes: https://hikingtheworld.blog/2016/09/28/reinebringen/