Ben Lomond Track is a 13.0 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from November until April.

Distance: 13.0 km Elevation Gain: 1,322 m Route Type: Out & Back

Absolutely incredible view from the top! Be prepared for a full day of hiking with water and snacks. Right now there is extreme mud and ice with a bit if fresh powder at the very top and hearty winds.

Would 100% recommend this hike. Very muddy and had packed down snow/ice for the last ~15minutes of hiking, but the views at the top make it worth it. The trailhead is accessible via the gondola, but also by the Tiki Trailhead. I'd recommend those two ways to get to the starting point because the starting point that I got from here is closed for renovations and is difficult to get through. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this hike.

uphill pretty much all the way but great view at the top

Great hike not to be taken lightly in winter. You can get to the saddle in tennis shoes but the rest of the way to the top is heavy snow. I had perfect weather today and wish I would have had crampons, especially for the way down. Amazing views at the top. Went up in 3 hours and leisurely came down in 2.5 hours.

Absolutely brilliant hike but do come prepared!

Magic Hike for Sunrise at the Summit! World class views.

We hiked this on a sunny day in April and it was perfect. Definitely not an easy hike but the views from the top we so worth it!

Did it in 2015. One of the best hikes of my life. Strenuous. Way down is pretty tough on your knees. If you’re lucky enough to do it on a sunny day, the views are SPECTACULAR!!!

Absolutely gorgeous hike from start to finish. Took about 5 hours starting from the top of the gondola.

recorded Ben Lomond Track

The actual climb up to Ben Lomond saddle and summit is great, really scenic and for the most part a really wide, clear track. Only reason it doesn’t get 5 stars is because of the horribly confusing tangle of trails below the gondola station. Tiki trail is the best way to get to the station, but you have to pay really close attention to avoid getting stuck on mountain bike routes (especially on the way back).

Fantastic hike! The 360 views at the top are worth the tough uphill climb. It took us 3 hours to get to the top from the carpark in Queenstown and 2 hours to get back down.

Well marked track, very busy. I started from Queenstown. Quite steep at first and for the last bit after the saddle. One part was really slippery because of mud otherwise the path is really easy ! It was completely cloudy when I started the track and cleared out after I reached the saddle : the 360 view in top is stunning !! definitely worth it to do on a sunny day. It took me 2h15 to go up and 1h to go down.

-Dont plan to start at the parking lot by 1 mile parking. The section is closed from there to where it connects with Skyline. I bet it is still passable, we opted not to try. Instead we broke brush for a bit and hit a mountain bike trail that connected to skyline. Also not recommended. I used about 4 litres of water...would recommend a fare amount more for days that go above 10c.

bridge out