Roy's Peak Track

Roy's Peak Track is a 15.6 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wanaka, Otago Region, New Zealand that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

15.6 km
1251 m

Three and a half hours up to the best view in Lake Wanaka. A challenging walk, but worth the effort!

One of my top 5 trails - start before sunrise to beat the heat in Spring/Summer. Sunrise is worth it - we started at 330am and we’re at the top by 545am to view sunrise.

Best hike I've ever done so far and it is all for the view. I have a tattoo of this peak it's so special.

This trail is tough: Straight up, No shade, No portable water, no respite but the view makes it worth it. It is one of my favorite views in all the world.

Great view

Exposed trail with no shade! We started late afternoon and the heat was deadly but still beautiful and worth it!

Only did a small portion of the hike but we were able to quickly get to a decent height to oversee the landscape and take beautiful pictures.