Ben Lommond Track

Ben Lommond Track is a 13.5 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Queenstown, Otago Region, New Zealand that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

13.5 km
1358 m

An incredibly challenging hike that boasts views for days and a grand sense of accomplishment! You have the option of hiking up to the saddle or up to the summit. The saddle provides gorgeous views of Lake Wakatipu, and this is a good spot for new hikers to stop. Summit should be hiked with proper boots (for sturdy support). This trail is accessible from the gondola, though you can also catch it from Tiki Trail.

Did this hike in mid December and loved it. I'm not in great shape, so it was a challenge for me.I didn't attempt to go to the summit, just the saddle. You can do the first part hiking through the woods or take the gondola up and start there. I asked two locals and they both advised me to take the gondola and I'm glad I did. It's a steady climb, but the views are amazing!!