Peach Cove Track

Peach Cove Track is a 5.1 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Whangarei District, Northland Region, New Zealand that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

5.1 km
347 m

If you are staying at Peach Cove for a couple of nights, Mt Lion is a good out and back trip to see views of the Whangarei Heads and harbour.

We have hiked to the Peach Cove hut each summer for the last three years. I’ve gotten progressively more unfit, so it’s gotten harder each time! But the track itself is great, in good condition and well maintained. We stay at the hut for a couple of nights so we are carrying our gear, food and water which makes it tough. It would be a much nicer walk without the packs! We love it and it’s a fantastic family holiday.

Personally, I died with an overnight tramping pack on and it was challenging with the stairs but I'm also not that particularly fit but managed to do it, besides that the trail itself was pretty and it was fun to do and listening to all the native birds.