Waimangu Thermal Valley Loop is a 4.7 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

Distance: 4.7 km Elevation Gain: 202 m Route Type: Loop

fee

There is an entrance fee of NZ$37.50 per adult for the hike.

private property

Very nice walk trough this Volcanic Valley. A little expensive but if you check book.me NZ you’ll maybe find a deal like we did!

My fiance and I had loads of fun. Felt like kids again. There are diff tracks to choose from depending on ur fitness or abilities. Even a bus to and from the lake where you can also pay to take a boat ride. We didn't but may do next time we return with family

great easy hike.. only semi incline is the hike up the mountain which is optional.. we stopped at every point to learn about the history of this location and the views are fantastic.. worth every penny.

Amazing thermal area, you really can get a feel for possibilities of how life started. Hike alone will run you about 45 nzd, well worth it in my opinion. Can take a bus back if you'd like.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

There is an entrance fee of NZ$37.50 per adult for the hike. I repeat. You have to pay to hike. Screw that.

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Being from the midwest of The United States, this trail WAS challenging. A LOT of stairs. However, it was NON STOP beautiful sights! I highly recommend for tourists who want to see beautiful geothermal sights & sounds! Worth every step!

recorded mount tarawera crater rim

Tuesday, November 08, 2016