Rondje Dalfsen is a 5.1 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dalfsen, Overijssel, Netherlands that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and bird watching.

Distance: 5.1 km Elevation Gain: 29 m Route Type: Loop

hiking

walking

bird watching

partially paved

views

wild flowers

wildlife

historic site

Dalfsen is located on the Overijselse Vecht and is a junction of beautiful hiking trails. First come across the name Dalfsen in the year 1231. Dalfsen is the only larger town on the Vecht in Overijssel that has never received city rights. This is related to the proximity of Castle Rechteren. This castle stands just across the Vecht and was built in the year 1320. It has been inhabited by the same family for six centuries. It is a nice place with few sights. But if you are in Dalfsen, this short walk is recommended. You can also extend the walk with a tour through the Bellingweer nature reserve. In 1858, a deed of sale referred to as "a country residence consisting of Heerenhuis with a garden, building and green land, rising trees and storage space, located on the Vecht river in the municipality of Dalfsen, called Klein Bellingweer." Bellingeweer is now a beautiful extension area a short distance from the center of Dalfsen. Although the park offers a good view, there is actually flora and fauna poverty. The plans to turn Bellingeweer into an ecological park are at an advanced stage. The old Vechtarm, closed in 1630, is being restored. Nature gets more opportunity and space. The most important buildings in Dalfsen are the restored synagogue. On March 26, 1866 the construction was tendered for an amount of 1465 guilders. On the basis of a decision by King William III, subsidies were granted up to an amount of 500 guilders. Despite the cholera that prevailed in the summer months of 1866, the Synagogue was inaugurated on August 28, 1866 by Dr. Jacob Fränkel, Chief Rabbi in Zwolle. The Municipality then counted 34 people, most of whom belonged to 5 families. The Synagogue was no longer used as such before the Second World War. The building then had various functions. It is currently managed by Stichting Synagoge, which uses it as an exhibition space. The Great Church was probably built between 1050 and 1100 and was first mentioned in 1231. Of this Romanesque church, only remains of the foundations have been preserved. The Gothic choir was founded in the 15th century and construction of the current tower began. During the restoration in 1956 a memorial stone was found that is now bricked in the southern outer wall. The Convent of the Sisters of the Sacred Heart was built in 1927 to a design by C. Hartman. On 2 March 1928 the sisters arrived from Moerdijk at the station in Dalfsen. Father Galema had brought the sisters to Dalfsen for the purpose of providing Catholic education. A three-class elementary school, custody school and sewing school were included in the sister house. On August 16, 1974, after 36 years, they said goodbye to Dalfsen. Finally in the Gruttemoole in the Prinsenstraat. The building consists of a main part and a side part, each with a top façade on the street. Above the entrance is a beautiful brick with the relief of a rosmolen. The building dates from the 18th century. A Grutmolen or Gruttemoole was a place where the seed grains of buckwheat and certain grains such as barley and oats were broken into small pieces. The grocer was the man who made grits (also called grits, grits or grits miller or buckwheat mulder). He was often also the shopkeeper who sold them. The word grut or grutte occurs in old Dutch as grit ie as something that is finely crumbled or at least small. The expressions-to barley-and-small grits are known. In Dalfsen the Peuterspeelzaal is called "Gruthuuske". In family names such as Gorter, Gortmaker, De Grutter, De Gruyter and Grutterink, these professions have continued to live.

No one has reviewed this trail yet. Be the first!

Featured Trails