Everest Base Camp Trek is a 101.4 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Lukla, Sagarmatha, Nepal that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

101 km
6,648 m

This is an amazing 14-21 day trek.

Had such an amazing time on this track. Heavy traffic though.

Amazing

Hardest ever attempted but most rewarding

Just finished this trek (oct 26th) It’s absolutely amazing! Tough but very doable. I’d say you’d want to be at least in good shape. I saw people of all ages but I couldn’t imagine doing this when I’m in my 65+ years. It would be more brutal than fun. Just have to take it slow and if you’re like me and end up with altitude sickness (headache, throwing up...) just take some medicine and a day to rest. (I got sick in Dingboche) But by the next day I felt much better and was able to push through, it was totally worth it! You’ll meet some amazing people not only locals but people from all around the world who you’ll bump into at each town doing the same trek. You’ll make friends with people from all over and hear some amazing stories along the way. If you’d like to see some of the picture that I took you can see them on my Instagram @blakewsmith_

Excellent trip, my son and I did this solo (no guid or porter) we had a map and carried our own equipment which made the trek way more challenging. Majority or trekkers use a porter or guid to carry up to 15 kilos for them, I would advise this for inexperienced trekkers. We used the map several times however the trail is well defined in most areas, again I would advise using a guid unless you are competent with a map.
It’s an amazing trek with beautiful views all the way to EBC, while there summit Kala Pathar as it is a must, the views are outstanding.
Plan for about 3,000 rupees a day spending, the food and lodges are more expensive the higher you get. The most important advise is to have fun and take your time, altitude sickness is very serious and can get you at any time. When arriving at your destination each day, climb higher to help acclimatize before returning to your accommodation, this will help with sleep (which gets more difficult the higher you get).

Fallow trails n get to encourage

Beautiful trek with incredible views throughout the entire journey. I trained pretty strongly so the physicality of it never really affected me. The most dangerous part for me was not being able to adapt to the food at the cats teahouses. Drink lots of water and give yourself some acclimation days and you'll be fine. I used Gadventures and don't regret anything about it.

it was an amazing hike in this book I read.

My wife and I did this trek in April 2018- bucket list adventure for me to celebrate my 50th birthday. It was a profound experience; the mountains, surroundings, and wildlife were even more stunning than I imagined and the local people are amazing too. I was sad to leave and though typically I don't go back to the same place twice, I long to return to Nepal. Just an incredible trek. We went with Canadian Himalayan Expeditions out of Toronto, and I appreciated that our guide kept us off the main trail for much of the outward journey. The main trail is fantastic, but was packed with hikers, porters, and pack animals- sometimes jammed to a standstill. It was nice to be off the main trail for much of the hike.

People say you can do this in average physical condition; I have a hard time seeing that. We did over 250 miles of hiking with heavy packs, including stretches of the AT in north GA- from January through March to prepare. I felt good but there were still a few days that were really tough. If you approach it thinking average condition and little training is fine, I suspect you could make it but will be miserable. As noted, it's not that the hikes themselves are particularly tough, but given the altitude, fairly primitive conditions, and long days of climbing for 2 weeks (we took 15 days out-and-back) I think you'd be much more able to enjoy the spectacular scenery and amazing people if you train some. But do it; you will not be disappointed!

An absolutely awesome hike! Great if you go with an experienced organisation that takes all the guess work out of it, makes it safe and gives you the best chance of making it to EBC in regards of altitude sickness! Biggest tip....take it slow and drink lots of water so you can adapt to the altitude, and that way you get to soak in the spectacular views! Pick a company like Everest One and you actually get to sleep up at EBC

I would do this every year if I could. It's so worth it and such an amazing, beautiful experience. I went to everest base camp which I think anyone of average physical shape could do, I went on to kaLapattar which was 18k ft, and I actually found that difficult, where as everest was moderate. From what I saw from others, its the elevation more than the difficulty of the hike that people found challenging. If you love hiking, mountains and culture, you will very much love this experience.

Simply amazing! Awesome sights!

Celebrated my 60th birthday with a bucket list adventure.

I actually did the Three Passes trail which includes the EBC trek. EBC is doable by someone in average physical condition. The Three Passes is very strenuous, you need to be in great shape. Spent a week above the 5000 meter level.

My son and I did the Everest base camp trek in March 2017 and it was fantastic, although the trek is tough and you need to be committed to make it with altitude playing a big part the scenery, the mountains, the whole experience make it all worthwhile.
We made some great friends along the way and were well looked after by a excellent team from Himalayan Wonders who were very professional throughout.
This was a bucket list item for me and it gave me a great sense of achievement and probably a different outlook on life for the future - go do it Ps watch out for the Yaks!!.

“Hard, but not impossible.”

Everyone should experience this incredible hike once in their life.

Amazing trek!! One of the best experiences of my life. Beautiful views, amazing people, all around incredible trip!! Highly recommend!!!

This trek is hard, especially the first portion heading into Namche Bazaar.. It’s an endless stream of switch backs and awe! By far one of the most amazing things I’ve ever done!

Amazing mountains! Strenuous hike. We actually trekked a loop which included Chola Pass, starting and ending in Lukla. About 100 Miles, 14 days.

Asking.
This is a ONE WAY 14-21 day trek ?

My first trek in my life. I will never forget this.

On the track this week so far amazing views beautiful people.

Friday, October 06, 2017

Astonishing!!! An experience of a lifetime!

Monday, October 02, 2017

Thanks i'll check them out. Be safe.

Sunday, October 01, 2017

I am on this trail right now. We stopped at Debuche for acclimatization and tomorrow morning we will be hiking up to Dingbuche. In response to a question someone asked, the best outfit in my view is the one we are using: Active Adventures from New Zealand.

Sunday, October 01, 2017

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

My son and I are looking to go to EBC next year. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good company to use for the trek? Any input would be appreciated.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

As far as trekking goes, it's tough to beat this one!

Friday, September 22, 2017

This trek has some of the most mind blowing scenery you will ever experience. You will go for the mountains, but the community feeling of this trek is why it will be one of the greatest times of your life.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Amazing trail and memories!!!

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Did this trek from Jiri-Gokyo-Chukung Ri and back to Lukla in Oct-Nov 2013. It changed my life

Thursday, March 02, 2017

Namaste and greeting from Himalayas country Nepal. If you're interested for Everest Base Camp trek We organized trekking in Everest Base Camp please find us during your Nepal trip
See you in Nepal Himalayas