Everest Base Camp Trek

Everest Base Camp Trek is a 63 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Lukla, Sagarmatha, Nepal that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

This is an amazing 14-21 day trek.

Beautiful trek with incredible views throughout the entire journey. I trained pretty strongly so the physicality of it never really affected me. The most dangerous part for me was not being able to adapt to the food at the cats teahouses. Drink lots of water and give yourself some acclimation days and you'll be fine. I used Gadventures and don't regret anything about it.

it was an amazing hike in this book I read.

My wife and I did this trek in April 2018- bucket list adventure for me to celebrate my 50th birthday. It was a profound experience; the mountains, surroundings, and wildlife were even more stunning than I imagined and the local people are amazing too. I was sad to leave and though typically I don't go back to the same place twice, I long to return to Nepal. Just an incredible trek. We went with Canadian Himalayan Expeditions out of Toronto, and I appreciated that our guide kept us off the main trail for much of the outward journey. The main trail is fantastic, but was packed with hikers, porters, and pack animals- sometimes jammed to a standstill. It was nice to be off the main trail for much of the hike.

People say you can do this in average physical condition; I have a hard time seeing that. We did over 250 miles of hiking with heavy packs, including stretches of the AT in north GA- from January through March to prepare. I felt good but there were still a few days that were really tough. If you approach it thinking average condition and little training is fine, I suspect you could make it but will be miserable. As noted, it's not that the hikes themselves are particularly tough, but given the altitude, fairly primitive conditions, and long days of climbing for 2 weeks (we took 15 days out-and-back) I think you'd be much more able to enjoy the spectacular scenery and amazing people if you train some. But do it; you will not be disappointed!

An absolutely awesome hike! Great if you go with an experienced organisation that takes all the guess work out of it, makes it safe and gives you the best chance of making it to EBC in regards of altitude sickness! Biggest tip....take it slow and drink lots of water so you can adapt to the altitude, and that way you get to soak in the spectacular views! Pick a company like Everest One and you actually get to sleep up at EBC

I would do this every year if I could. It's so worth it and such an amazing, beautiful experience. I went to everest base camp which I think anyone of average physical shape could do, I went on to kaLapattar which was 18k ft, and I actually found that difficult, where as everest was moderate. From what I saw from others, its the elevation more than the difficulty of the hike that people found challenging. If you love hiking, mountains and culture, you will very much love this experience.

Simply amazing! Awesome sights!

Celebrated my 60th birthday with a bucket list adventure.

I actually did the Three Passes trail which includes the EBC trek. EBC is doable by someone in average physical condition. The Three Passes is very strenuous, you need to be in great shape. Spent a week above the 5000 meter level.

My son and I did the Everest base camp trek in March 2017 and it was fantastic, although the trek is tough and you need to be committed to make it with altitude playing a big part the scenery, the mountains, the whole experience make it all worthwhile.
We made some great friends along the way and were well looked after by a excellent team from Himalayan Wonders who were very professional throughout.
This was a bucket list item for me and it gave me a great sense of achievement and probably a different outlook on life for the future - go do it Ps watch out for the Yaks!!.

“Hard, but not impossible.”

Everyone should experience this incredible hike once in their life.

Amazing trek!! One of the best experiences of my life. Beautiful views, amazing people, all around incredible trip!! Highly recommend!!!

This trek is hard, especially the first portion heading into Namche Bazaar.. It’s an endless stream of switch backs and awe! By far one of the most amazing things I’ve ever done!

Amazing mountains! Strenuous hike. We actually trekked a loop which included Chola Pass, starting and ending in Lukla. About 100 Miles, 14 days.

Asking.
This is a ONE WAY 14-21 day trek ?

My first trek in my life. I will never forget this.

On the track this week so far amazing views beautiful people.

Astonishing!!! An experience of a lifetime!

Thanks i'll check them out. Be safe.

I am on this trail right now. We stopped at Debuche for acclimatization and tomorrow morning we will be hiking up to Dingbuche. In response to a question someone asked, the best outfit in my view is the one we are using: Active Adventures from New Zealand.

My son and I are looking to go to EBC next year. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good company to use for the trek? Any input would be appreciated.

As far as trekking goes, it's tough to beat this one!

This trek has some of the most mind blowing scenery you will ever experience. You will go for the mountains, but the community feeling of this trek is why it will be one of the greatest times of your life.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Amazing trail and memories!!!

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Did this trek from Jiri-Gokyo-Chukung Ri and back to Lukla in Oct-Nov 2013. It changed my life

Thursday, March 02, 2017

Namaste and greeting from Himalayas country Nepal. If you're interested for Everest Base Camp trek We organized trekking in Everest Base Camp please find us during your Nepal trip
See you in Nepal Himalayas

Monday, February 06, 2017

Once in a lifetime. Until I go again.

Monday, December 12, 2016

Great hike! Bucket list item.

Monday, October 03, 2016

One of the most scenic treks you can imagine and the Sherpa people and the villages as amazing. Make sure to be guided by a professional. You will return a new person. Life changing experience and a must do!

Monday, April 25, 2016

Best

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Amazing

Thursday, September 03, 2015

Flew from Kathmandu to the Lukla Airport, where we began our trek -- three adults (aged 50-60) and 23-year old. Hiked to both Kala Pattar (views!) and Everest Base Camp. Make sure to acclimitize and watch out for altitude sickness. Primative lodging and lots of available food (daal, bhaat) along the way.