Everest Base Camp Trek

Everest Base Camp Trek is a 103.3 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Khumjung, Province 1, Nepal that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

103 km
6,499 m

rock climbing

Beautiful trekking to the Everest base camp. Nepalese people they are very friendly. Best trip ever

This trail is amazing, we organise treks throughout this region with a guide and porter.

A wonderful soul searching experience. Beautiful creation and wonderment. With my daughter and best friend by my side I was able to combat the altitude sickness and achieve something memorable. Do yourself a favour and do this walk.

Last year myself and a group of friends from Ireland led by Mike O’Shea and the amazing Ascent Himalayas (Sherpa’s) hiked to EBC.

I have to give special mention Furtemba Sherpa and my sincere thanks to all the sherpa team for making this journey safe and so memorable. They are unbelievable athletes.

9 days up 3.5 down.. The scariest flight in my entire life... always sit on the left hand side of the plane!!

The people, the views, everything is is amazing!! I’m so so so happy I did it and will do it again sometime... it’s simply amazing.

We did it in November and route was busy but it was phenomenal.

Yes it’s hard, it’s has many challenging aspects but that’s life!!!

Just do it!! No regrets at all

Nepal is a cracking country!

Did this in November, the trail was busy but the views were amazing! Went with a tour group and they made all the logistical arrangements. The sherpas were amazing! The people are very friendly. Go slow and steady and you'll be fine. Hardest part was staying healthy. Stay away from meat and dairy and even veggies after Namche and that will help. Many ppl got respiratory infections despite using a buff so keep that in mind. Everyone on our trip (except 1) got sick in some way so be prepared for that. The lodges have no heat in the bedrooms so prepare accordingly. It was a great experience and I'm glad to have done it!

This is the most amazing place ever! It is exceptionally rewarding to do but does require a lot of perseverance. I still recommend for anyone of any kind who wants to go, but be aware of how much you’ll need to prepare and expect for.

If you’ve ever dreamed about doing this - DO IT ! Challenging but absolutely indescribable, you have to experience it . Way too huge to be captured in vids or pics . Research the outfitters and buy as much “ luxury “ as you can afford .✌️

Had such an amazing time on this track. Heavy traffic though.

Beautiful bucket list trip for me. Most of the people we encountered (tourists/trekkers) were nice but I noticed many individuals did not seem mentally and/or physically prepared for such a long trek. People in my group had very limited basic hiking experience and many people I spoke to were not prepared for the terrain. Luckily, living in Utah near the Wasatch gave us an advantage in both altitude and terrain, so we found the trek to be moderately strenuous but easily do-able. The worst part was the demand for western amenities in these remote regions. Tourists demand the comforts of home while on this trek which I felt took away from the experience, but I hope that people come to appreciate the culture, the landscape, and the spirits of the Himalayas instead of doing these treks for the cred/popular points. Its not an easy hike that you shouldn't train for. Many companies are not honest and clear about what the expectations should and need to be. Altitude was a huge factor for many people in our group and others I saw. My partner and I brought Diamox, however we never ended up needing to take it. We had a few headaches but with water and an ibuprofen here and there, we were completely fine. My core advice would be not to under estimate this trek and do not assume it is uphill the whole time (each day you will ascend and descend....up to 1,500 ft or more....). Take your time to research the trail and make sure, that if you are going to be connecting through a local guiding service, to work with a reputable one that is engaged and active in the community. Western tourism has changed the culture and economics of Nepal, so be a force for good in your economic decisions when traveling.

Amazing

Hardest ever attempted but most rewarding

Just finished this trek (oct 26th) It’s absolutely amazing! Tough but very doable. I’d say you’d want to be at least in good shape. I saw people of all ages but I couldn’t imagine doing this when I’m in my 65+ years. It would be more brutal than fun. Just have to take it slow and if you’re like me and end up with altitude sickness (headache, throwing up...) just take some medicine and a day to rest. (I got sick in Dingboche) But by the next day I felt much better and was able to push through, it was totally worth it! You’ll meet some amazing people not only locals but people from all around the world who you’ll bump into at each town doing the same trek. You’ll make friends with people from all over and hear some amazing stories along the way. If you’d like to see some of the picture that I took you can see them on my Instagram @blakewsmith_

Excellent trip, my son and I did this solo (no guid or porter) we had a map and carried our own equipment which made the trek way more challenging. Majority or trekkers use a porter or guid to carry up to 15 kilos for them, I would advise this for inexperienced trekkers. We used the map several times however the trail is well defined in most areas, again I would advise using a guid unless you are competent with a map.
It’s an amazing trek with beautiful views all the way to EBC, while there summit Kala Pathar as it is a must, the views are outstanding.
Plan for about 3,000 rupees a day spending, the food and lodges are more expensive the higher you get. The most important advise is to have fun and take your time, altitude sickness is very serious and can get you at any time. When arriving at your destination each day, climb higher to help acclimatize before returning to your accommodation, this will help with sleep (which gets more difficult the higher you get).

The most beautiful trek I’ve done. I’d recommend this to anyone! We did Lukla to Mount Everest Base Camp. Absolutely amazing the whole way!

Fallow trails n get to encourage

Beautiful trek with incredible views throughout the entire journey. I trained pretty strongly so the physicality of it never really affected me. The most dangerous part for me was not being able to adapt to the food at the cats teahouses. Drink lots of water and give yourself some acclimation days and you'll be fine. I used Gadventures and don't regret anything about it.

Very challenging long treks with pretty much equal uphill and downhill. The most beautiful place I have ever seen. The turquoise glacier river, the amazing snow covered mountains. Be in good shape for this hike so you can fully enjoy!! Villages along the way are a refreshing treat. Randomly in the middle of nowhere a really cool town emerges with vibrant markets (Namche Bazaar). What’s even more amazing is that everything used to build these villages was carried up by porters, donkeys, and yaks. Once in a lifetime experience I am glad I jumped on.

it was an amazing hike in this book I read.

My wife and I did this trek in April 2018- bucket list adventure for me to celebrate my 50th birthday. It was a profound experience; the mountains, surroundings, and wildlife were even more stunning than I imagined and the local people are amazing too. I was sad to leave and though typically I don't go back to the same place twice, I long to return to Nepal. Just an incredible trek. We went with Canadian Himalayan Expeditions out of Toronto, and I appreciated that our guide kept us off the main trail for much of the outward journey. The main trail is fantastic, but was packed with hikers, porters, and pack animals- sometimes jammed to a standstill. It was nice to be off the main trail for much of the hike.

People say you can do this in average physical condition; I have a hard time seeing that. We did over 250 miles of hiking with heavy packs, including stretches of the AT in north GA- from January through March to prepare. I felt good but there were still a few days that were really tough. If you approach it thinking average condition and little training is fine, I suspect you could make it but will be miserable. As noted, it's not that the hikes themselves are particularly tough, but given the altitude, fairly primitive conditions, and long days of climbing for 2 weeks (we took 15 days out-and-back) I think you'd be much more able to enjoy the spectacular scenery and amazing people if you train some. But do it; you will not be disappointed!

An absolutely awesome hike! Great if you go with an experienced organisation that takes all the guess work out of it, makes it safe and gives you the best chance of making it to EBC in regards of altitude sickness! Biggest tip....take it slow and drink lots of water so you can adapt to the altitude, and that way you get to soak in the spectacular views! Pick a company like Everest One and you actually get to sleep up at EBC

Definitely not for the light Trekkers, really pushing you to the edge. Both endurance and stamina is a must+++++!!!!

Also some good crampons, rain jacket, proper poles and shoes, a trekking pack and a big thermos would benefit your experience of the trip.

I would do this every year if I could. It's so worth it and such an amazing, beautiful experience. I went to everest base camp which I think anyone of average physical shape could do, I went on to kaLapattar which was 18k ft, and I actually found that difficult, where as everest was moderate. From what I saw from others, its the elevation more than the difficulty of the hike that people found challenging. If you love hiking, mountains and culture, you will very much love this experience.

Simply amazing! Awesome sights!

Celebrated my 60th birthday with a bucket list adventure.

I actually did the Three Passes trail which includes the EBC trek. EBC is doable by someone in average physical condition. The Three Passes is very strenuous, you need to be in great shape. Spent a week above the 5000 meter level.

My son and I did the Everest base camp trek in March 2017 and it was fantastic, although the trek is tough and you need to be committed to make it with altitude playing a big part the scenery, the mountains, the whole experience make it all worthwhile.
We made some great friends along the way and were well looked after by a excellent team from Himalayan Wonders who were very professional throughout.
This was a bucket list item for me and it gave me a great sense of achievement and probably a different outlook on life for the future - go do it Ps watch out for the Yaks!!.

“Hard, but not impossible.”

Everyone should experience this incredible hike once in their life.

Amazing trek!! One of the best experiences of my life. Beautiful views, amazing people, all around incredible trip!! Highly recommend!!!

Sunday, February 11, 2018

This trek is hard, especially the first portion heading into Namche Bazaar.. It’s an endless stream of switch backs and awe! By far one of the most amazing things I’ve ever done!

Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Amazing mountains! Strenuous hike. We actually trekked a loop which included Chola Pass, starting and ending in Lukla. About 100 Miles, 14 days.

Friday, February 02, 2018

Asking.
This is a ONE WAY 14-21 day trek ?

Tuesday, January 09, 2018

My first trek in my life. I will never forget this.