Annapurna Circuit Trek

Annapurna Circuit Trek is a 220.0 kilometer moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Shahaji, Gandaki Pradesh, Nepal that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

220 km
18,427 m
Point to Point

bridge out

Second day walk on the around Annapurna trek. Half day of to recover from injury

First day walk on the around Annapurna trek

awesome

Particularly appreciated Jim Griffins review! My daughter,Lisa,and myself experienced out trip in 1989.She was 30,I was 55.Truly a unique trip together.An experience that is really hard to describe.The people,the scenery,the in the present feelings.....
We both continue to enjoy any outside activity,as well as life itself..a very special and unique gift...

And thank you,everyone - for your sharing your ier feelings and experiences..appreciated!

Trek of a lifetime - Oct 20th thru November 2018. No tent required. Enjoy staying in various Nepalese villages in tea house accommodations. Take in the views and enjoy the company of Trekkers from all over the world. *This circuit requires acclimation to altitude, appropriate gear/clothing and good navigation skills or a local guide.

Did this trek in oct 2017 was amazing

Completed this trek several years ago, but remains my all time number one. It was a solo trip and a personal journey, an unforgettable experience. I did get altitude sickness one day but it was easily remedied by taking an extra day of rest. The tea houses are such an amazing part of the experience. There is nothing like it. Take your time, relax your pace, and take it all in.

Did this all the way back in 1987. It was a longer trek back then (yes, I'm an old timey guy telling you whippersnappers to get off my lawn), starting in Dumre and ending in Pokhara. I was 22, and the best advice I got before the trek was NOT to hire a porter. I probably would now, but maybe not, or make my son carry the heavy stuff. This was the trek of a lifetime. Not just the scenery, but the people you meet and what you learn about yourself. If you have the chance to do this hike, you should.

Trek of a life time! Fucking stunning! So many amazing guest houses, mountains! and of course amazing people!

did this in 2010. can't wait to go back

Great trekking route. Enjoyed every moment.

This is a classic for a reason. the views are amazing but its about the cultural exchange and the people you meet. Thorang La is the highlight. you need to bring clothes for -10C and shorts for 25C an amazing trek through several biogeoclimatic zones from jungle to tundra. A bucket list item

Insanely amazing experience. 132kms, 14days and one of the best things I’ve done in my life! Highly recommend, take it slow and enjoy the ride.

challenging but rewarding. great views

Breathe taking views. Challenging, but so rewarding making it to Annapurna Base Camp

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Wow. To say this trail is a must would be to undersell it.
The Annapurna Circuit is a transformational experience emotionally and physically.
Prepare to hike through the seasons. Your trek will begin in lush jungle, banana trees and monkeys swinging about. As the days go by you will find yourself in beautiful pine forests that eventually give way to barren, unforgiving landscape. All culminating, of course, at the pass. Thorong La pass is evry bit as difficult as you have read. But, that's what we came for, right?

Beautiful scenery greats you at every turn. The trail is an incredibly social environment so bring some playing cards! Good luck and happy hiking ;)

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Nepal is an amazing country, and this trek is one of the best things I've ever done. Myself and two friends completed the circuit in 22 days. We carried our own gear and did not hire porters, but I would say we were in a very small minority.

The scenery couldn't be more breathtaking or the mountains more impressive. The slow changes in scenery over the trek was fascinating. From rainy jungles, pine forests, high deserts, and alpine environments, this trek has it all. Along the way are tea houses which have food and dry places to sleep at night. Bring a sleeping bag and you'll be set. The food is very basic, Order the Dal bhat and you get second helpings. Drink lots of tea.

note: The roads being built in the region were underway when we went, but not yet open to vehicles. I think the "trek" now would be a very different animal than it was in 2011. It's not fun to be trekking in the wilderness with jeeps and motorcycles driving past.