Mirador Cuatro Palos is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pinal de Amoles, Querétaro, Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 344 feet Route Type: Out & Back

An incredible trail that leads to an even more incredible viewpoint. The trail leads you through beautiful old growth Oak forest to a spectacular spot where the desert meets the forest. Observe a wide variety of wildflowers and birds, and enjoy a meal at the community cafe. From Cuatro Palos you can see as far as the Pena de Bernal and the Bucareli Franciscan Mission. The community charges a small fee to hike to the view point, with proceeds going to improve the tourist infrastructure of the community. As Cuatro Palos is one of the poorest communities in Queretaro, feel free to bring donations and dog food to the community.

Easy walk to spectacular views. The road there is a bit sketchy, we drove a small sedan and were not sure if we could make it back to the main road. Just drive slowly, it is passable. If I return to that part of the world, I will try to camp there.

Este es de mis lugares favoritos en la sierra de Querétaro, debes seguir media hr en auto y al llegar al poblado de Cuatro Palos te estacionas, para subir al mirador a pie solo te registras y pagas $20 pesos por persona. Al llegar la vista es hermosa, recomiendo ir en la madrugada para que te toque ver el mar de niebla al amanecer.

great view at the top, Easy and short trail

Super easy trail and beautiful views. It is a great spot for camping. For those who would like to visit, my name is Brooklynn and I run a non profit organization and I come here and sponsor the people who live in this location. I take trips here once every two months, we have a community day involved with some teaching, events, donations and we finish the day with some awesome camping and views. Email me if interested. Noble Brooklynn@gmail.com

Sat Jun 01 2019

This is a short trail with amazing views. There was an abundance of wildlife the day I went, including a small juvenile cascabel/rattlesnake under a fire pit rock near the camping area. There was a 20 peso entrance fee that goes to the small remote village on the mountain. The drive to the trailhead from Queretaro was beautiful as well.

Sat Apr 06 2019

It’s an amazing place to go take pictures of the sunrise, at 2727 meters above the sea level, between the desert and the forest, amazing views and nice spot for birdwatching, I strongly suggest to hire a local guide in the nearby town of Pinal de Amoles because of the road without any directions on how to arrive to the lookout.

Fri May 18 2018

We left Jalpan de Serra at 4:30am to be on time for the sunrise at el Mirador 4 Palos. We parked the car at the small community of 4 Palos where we had to pay a fee, then we walked up in the dark using headlamps, these were very exciting moments! Once on the summit, still in the dark, we waited for the sunrise contemplating a wonderful landscape full of beautiful colors. I have no words to describe how beautiful the landscape looked when the sunrise started, the colors were changing at each moment in any direction, it was something exciting, incredible! Definitely I will come back again!

Sun Oct 08 2017