Cerro de la Silla (Antenas)

Cerro de la Silla (Antenas) is a 10.3 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Guadalupe, Nuevo León, Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

10.3 km
1,174 m

One of the most popular hikes on Monterrey to the top of the famous Cerro de la Silla.

Easy enough for a beginner. it was my first hike up a mountain. Took me about 3 hours. Very easy because there is a road that leads you to the top, but don't be fooled because it's entirely vertical. There are no easy/flat parts. The view from the top at the antenas is well worth it. Hang out with some Coatis if you get the chance they're really cute and really friendly.

Loved this hike! Amazing views. Started the hike early in the morning to watch the sun rise. The incline in some areas are steep. Make sure to bring the correct shoes. Overall it was beautiful.

Tough hike for a hot day! Very few switchbacks, almost straight up! Great views of the city below all the way up however. Well used by a lot of people of all ages, even on the Wednesday afternoon that I went. Beautiful blooming cactus and a friendly raccoon that met me up top!

It was my first hike ever. The view from up there it’s definitely worth it. Although I must admit that I didn’t fully complete it as my group decided to only go as far as the vacant Cableway.

Saturday, October 05, 2013