Todos Santos Sugar Port Trail is a 6.9 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Todos los Santos, Baja California Sur, Mexico that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.9 km Elevation Gain: 268 m Route Type: Out & Back

beach

historic site

Great hike and beautiful views.

Went on 4/27/19, when I started around 915 am there was a lot of fog coming in from the ocean and couldn't see into the distance. by the time I finished around 1130 the fog had burned off. The cliffs leading down to the beach have some nice views. The trail is easy to follow. if you head down to the beach it gets pretty rocky. Overall the trail is in good shape though.

recorded Recording - Mar 10, 03:50 PM

great dirt road with some single tra k trails to a series of amazing views

it is a nice and easy hike. the trail is very easy to find and see. what made it very special for us was to see the wales.

The trail was easy to find and follow. It had some moderate elevation change. My wife and I spent about 3 hours on it. We did some exploring off trail. Amazing views! Saw whales and sea lions. I would highly recommend hiking it.

We loved this hike. We did the hike and spent some time splashing in the water and exploring the area at the bottom of the hill. It starts near the busy fishing area, but it's really easy to follow. We went midday and it was pretty hot, but we bought water and were so happy that we made it there. We shared more photos here: https://thetumblingnomads.com/sugar-port-trail/

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A great hike up and over the coastal hills down to the walls of the old port used to ship out sugar. The walls in the Port itself were built in the late 1800's. At one time there were 8 sugar mills loading their product here and sending it out to sea. They lasted until the area ran out of water in the 1950's. Hurricanes have ravaged the road but it is still hikable but a rocky scramble in some areas. Glad I finally got down and walked the ancient walls next to the beautiful little protected bay they were built in.

Sunday, April 22, 2018