Mount Solmar

Mount Solmar is a 2.6 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and walking.

2.6 km
148 m

beach

This is a short but fairly challenging hike to the top of a peak with excellent views of Cabo San Lucas. There's no official trailhead. Entry is through a gated chainlink fence in front of a dog kennel. The kennel is across from a Navy base. The trail initially follows an obvious dirt road. When the road reaches a second cement platform you can go straight (flat) to Divorce beach or go right, steeply up to the peak. It gets a bit confusing as the pitch steepens. There are multiple paths. If you continue east on a flat trail north of the peak then you will get nice views down to Divorce Beach.

Great view! Except at the top it smells like piss...
One thing is a must is to continue down to Playa del Amor... then pick up a water taxi back... it was nice after a hike in 95 degrees to end it all in the ocean!

thiis was a great hike something to do for free while in cabo try both routes

this was a great hike something to do for free while in cabo

Enrique welcomed me and my family at the gate and showed us which way up to the summit. We ran to the trail head and back so from the Casa Dorada total mileage was 5.5 miles. Perfect workout! I tipped him $10 for 4 of us but I think he would have been happy with anything. I even took a pic with him.

I did not read the above description very well before our first attempt to hike Mt. Solmar. We asked locals where the trail head was (though it clearly states it above) and they sent us to the beach entrance that Alex (below) mentions. We made it up to the "No Pase" signs and some sketchy fencing before turning back. Next we found a little side entrance up to the dirt road and took the Divorce Beach route, following yellow ribbons to the top. The other route is marked by orange ribbons. On our way back down we met Enrique Morales Mendez, the owner of the dog training center. He informed us that trespassing can land you in jail for a day and that everyone should use the gate (mentioned above, I took a photo too). He was very nice, informative and working to get the word out on the proper entrance to Mt. Solmar - so I'm doing my part to spread the word. The views at the top were amazing. The hike is good for adults, maybe not kids. There is zero shade so be prepared and bring water. Definitely recommend!

It's really a very easy trail, to reach the top you have two options, the first is to enter a home sheltered dogs right in front of the naval station clear permission, and the second is to go along the beach until you reach the gate which has a hole where it is easy to traspas, thereafter the trail is guided by ribbons , once you reach the cross, the view is spectacular you can see where the sea of Cortés and the Pacific Ocean meet

Excellent view of the harbor on the way up and at the top. A bit of a scramble at times but worth it for the view. Little to no traffic up or down.

Great little adventure up a steep mountain to a cross with views of the surrounding marina, ocean, etc. It's an easy hike to the saddle and then there is some scrambling at the top. The trail is marked by ribbons and its a bit overgrown in some spots and hard to tell which way to go but you can't get lost!! Fun experience. You can walk all around the property and overlook divorce beach and the other swimming area by pelican Rock. Great views.