Camino Cabo Este Scenic Drive

Camino Cabo Este Scenic Drive is a 103.6 kilometer lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near El Ejido, Baja California Sur, Mexico that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

104 km
1508 m
Point to Point

off road driving

scenic driving

beach

scenic driving

Awesome drive along the lower east cape of Baja from San Jose Del Cabo to La Ribera that I've done a couple of times. The 1st was with my brother and a good friend and more than a few beers and a few fishing poles with a few stops along the way. The 2nd time was in 2010 with my wife. She didn't have as much fun because the road is all dirt and road maintenance in Mexico is usually done "manana" and that can be a day, week or a year depending on who's talking... The highlight with my wife was when she saw some burros eating out of a roadside garbage can and told me to stop. When I did 2 burros tried to stick their heads in her window at the same time. One succeeded while I was about to die laughing as she was yelling "drive, drive,drive". The burro manged to get her sandwich out of her lap but missed the beer... The last time through they had built a lot of little beach shaded palapas along the water. The map is outdated and doesn't show a new marina at La Ribera as well even since I made the drive last...