Seiramaya (from Okawachiyama)

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(3)
Imari, Saga, Japan

Seiramaya (from Okawachiyama) is a 5.5 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Imari, Saga, Japan that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 5.5 km Elevation Gain: 506 m Route Type: Loop

A surprisingly fabulous hike beginning at the end of town Okawachiyama. It has very narrow ridge walks and many climbs (secured by rope) in it. The view on the way up is very limited but the better as you arrive ad the peak. (Alternative: Visit the Shinto Shrine further east and continue behind the Shrine. The trail will lead you to the Seiramaya trailhead.)

This trail is definately challenging. I thought it would be quick, so I brought my seven old along. we made the first 0.5 miles in about an hour! It was rocky, uneven and both of us had a few spills (no serolious injuries). Great memories though and absolutely worth the four hours we spent on the mountain together. it is quiet, peaceful, and the trail was well marked.

Sun Feb 19 2017

I hit a perfect day (no wind, blue sky, no rain last days) and had lot's of fun on this trail. Mostly taken by locals it was a big surprise to find such a well maintained hike/climb up to the summit. Will definitely hike it again!