Henan River "Ta-taki Waterfall Trek

Henan River "Ta-taki Waterfall Trek is a 2.4 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Ogimi Son, Okinawa, Japan that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from April until October.

2.4 km
68 m

We headed out as a family to this hike. It was fantastic. The children loved it and defined it as an epic adventure!

The hike to the waterfall consists of walking along the river. It was nice to be wet the whole time until reaching the waterfall. I really enjoyed this hike. Next time I'll definitely waterproof my phone.

Loved this trail! Given the heat, having to walk through the river was so refreshing! Some areas the water was up to my hips (I'm 5'1). My husband loved the cliff jumping into the deep end almost to the end of the trail. And swimming through the waterfall was amazing. I also loved the ropes other okinawan locals put on branches to swing into the water! When we went there were a few children field trips enjoying the hike too so if your kid is adventurous, they'd love this hike for sure!

We completed this fun hike through the waters of the Henan River and visited the Ta-taki waterfall at the turn-around point. We entered the water at the corner of the parking lot, but there is another entry point if you walk up the road along the river for a bit. Overall, all four members of our group (youngest was 8 yrs old) completed the uploaded track and only required getting wet to a level of about 3-4 feet deep. There of plenty of areas that are suitable for swimming if you wish. Please read and follow all directions on the sign at the parking lot (see uploaded picture). It is especially important to stay out of the "river" during/after any rain as flash floods can occur. Overall, a very fun outing for a very hot Okinawa summer day.