Learn more

Shioya Bay Paddle Course is a 7.2 mile loop trail located near Kunigami, Okinawa, Japan that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for nature trips.

Length 7.2 mi Elevation gain 387 ft Route type Loop

Recordings (1)
Completed (3)
View user's profile page
Shawn Cavanaugh
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 14, 2018
Paddle sports

We stopped by late on a Sunday afternoon to paddleboard. Wind pushed us back sometimes when we rounded the peninsulas but it was flat where there shelter. Very tranquil. We even startled a cuttlefish or squid at one point, left a big ink cloud. Watch out for shallow rocks near the surface if you circumnavigate the island Miyagi is on. I took off one star just due to the water quality further back in the bay. There’s a lot of brown froth from erosion that was kind of gross and filmy.

View user's profile page
Marcus Anthony
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 12, 2018
Paddle sports
First to Review

I found this to be very challenging, yet, beautiful! I went on a Monday and no one but I was on the water creating a sense of shear tranquility. Seemingly, the only ripples on the water was that from my kayak. Moreover, the splash from my paddle would scare the schools of fish sending them flying in the air. Only one word to describe this experience.. Magical! I loved every second of this paddle and would do it again. Filmed the whole event using my GoPro, https://youtu.be/WbCNnLDsCWU