Indy Jones Mile of Tamagusuku

Indy Jones Mile of Tamagusuku is a 1.3 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near 南城市, Okinawa, Japan that features a cave. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

1.3 km
54 m

cave

Fun, beautiful and pretty quick

Did it about a month ago with 4 kiddos, 11, 9, 7, and 10 months (in hiking carrier). Great adventure, with a few tiny crevices made for interesting maneuvering with baby in pack! Getting to the castle ruins and the awesome breeze was a perfect finale!

One of my favorite trails on Okinawa! I keep going back for more! Pretty easy hike and full of pretty scenery.

A great hike for me and my wife, twin 11 and a 10 year old boy(s)! My boys liked the rope climbing and going through caves. a nice castle ruin at the end. Bring good treaded shoes or hiking shoes and bug spray. Best to use a camel back or back pack for water, you’ll definitely want to be hands free when trekking through this hike.

Loop Trail is a little hard to find but once you are on it, there are markers. There is some minor climbing but we were able to do it with 4 kids (ages 2, 6, 9 and 11) 2 year old was on my back but 6 year old had no problems. Fun short trail.

One of my favorite “easy” trails on Okinawa. Great for kids, and leashed puppies (a rarity that a trail is dog friendly)! Consider your puppies paws first as the rocks are sharp so make sure they are used to hiking!
Lots of payoff, for a slightly less than a mile hike, you see a ton of beautiful things including but not limited to, small caves, memorials, a castle ruins, and an amazing tree (you’ll know it when you see it)!
Enjoy, be safe, and as always please be respectful! Join the free Facebook group Explore Okinawa to join our hiking expeditions and enjoy an amazing cafe after!

The rope bridge at the very beginning of the trail was really fun although the second part seemed suspect. The trail was well marked and easy to navigate. I also enjoyed the many caves and rock walkthroughs. The birds nest near the end was also a great photo op. Lastly, the castle ruins at the end makes this one of the funnest trails I've completed.