Hiji Falls Trail is a 2.9 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kunigami, Okinawa, Japan that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

2.9 km
139 m

We did this tour in December. Very fun hike for all ages and skill levels. There is an optional fork in the path near the start of the trail to walk alongside the riverbed instead of the mostly paved, dry path - but you need water shoes for this, not sneakers. The trail takes 1 hour round-trip.

Follow the many road signs to get to the trail head, or key in the GPS code 485771741 if you have a rental car. At the trail head, there are wooden cabins (to pay the entrance fee), toilets, wooden cabin and a campsite.

Good hike, waterfall was awesome. Lots of stairs. Didn’t realize it would cost yen, 500 per adult 300 per child.

Waterfall is totally worth it. I even swam in the water which isn’t allowed apparently but seems like every does it any way. Extremely dog friendly and a easy hike. My mother in-law did it with a boot on for a broken foot. She is 50 something, so that should say something besides she is a beast lol

Great trail with many steps. I walked it with sandals on with my wife and kids 7 & 5. They loved it. While I call this a walking trail, my wife calls it a hike. Cheers.

Definitely one of my fav trails.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Not too bad! You can get to the Waterfall in like 30-45 minutes if you don't stop. Water is nice and cold and super clear. There's a lot of steps you need to climb.
Beautiful place to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Monday, October 09, 2017

This is a nice trail, lots of steps. However it doesn’t allow pets. So don’t bring your dog they will turn you away.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

It's great if you just walk up the river itself the entire way. It's only a few inches deep and a couple parts where it is waist deep. My 14 year old and my dog loved it. Going back tomorrow with the 10 year old.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

It was a very well kept trail perfect for a family stroll

Monday, February 13, 2017

I liked it better 20 years ago when you had to get wet and pull yourself through the jungle.

recorded Hiji Falls Okinawa