Hiji Falls Trail is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kunigami, Okinawa, Japan that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 456 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

Closed due to virus. No trespassing sign up. Supposed to reopen May 11th, 2020.

Nice view at the end, way to many steps. Did this hike with my wife, 7 and 2 yr old.

recorded Hiji Falls Trail

Maintained path. To many steps.

Was a good hike. Have two options. River route or trail. We did river. Bring water shoes! Lots of stairs but all worth it for the view. Took about 25-30 mins to get to the falls. It was a hike to say I’ve seen it and done it, probably wouldn’t go back. Cost 500 yen to get in too.

This was the first hike we did on island and it was great! There’s a private parking lot for the hike and you need to pay per person to hike. Its not too long at least for myself and kids, the trail is very well kept and the waterfall is beautiful! Only downside is you can’t swim in the pool/waterfall.

For this trail being an easy trail sure showed me how out of shape I am! Did this in flip flops and with a baby on my back. You have to pay at the trail head just a couple hundred yen per person but they only take yen! Worth the trip for the view at the end.

Mon Dec 24 2018

We did this tour in December. Very fun hike for all ages and skill levels. There is an optional fork in the path near the start of the trail to walk alongside the riverbed instead of the mostly paved, dry path - but you need water shoes for this, not sneakers. The trail takes 1 hour round-trip. Follow the many road signs to get to the trail head, or key in the GPS code 485771741 if you have a rental car. At the trail head, there are wooden cabins (to pay the entrance fee), toilets, wooden cabin and a campsite.

Sat Nov 24 2018

Good hike, waterfall was awesome. Lots of stairs. Didn’t realize it would cost yen, 500 per adult 300 per child.

Sat Nov 17 2018

Waterfall is totally worth it. I even swam in the water which isn’t allowed apparently but seems like every does it any way. Extremely dog friendly and a easy hike. My mother in-law did it with a boot on for a broken foot. She is 50 something, so that should say something besides she is a beast lol

Fri Sep 14 2018

Great trail with many steps. I walked it with sandals on with my wife and kids 7 & 5. They loved it. While I call this a walking trail, my wife calls it a hike. Cheers.

Sun Aug 26 2018

Definitely one of my fav trails.

Sun Oct 15 2017

Not too bad! You can get to the Waterfall in like 30-45 minutes if you don't stop. Water is nice and cold and super clear. There's a lot of steps you need to climb. Beautiful place to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Mon Oct 09 2017

This is a nice trail, lots of steps. However it doesn’t allow pets. So don’t bring your dog they will turn you away.

Sun Jul 02 2017

It's great if you just walk up the river itself the entire way. It's only a few inches deep and a couple parts where it is waist deep. My 14 year old and my dog loved it. Going back tomorrow with the 10 year old.

Sun May 14 2017

It was a very well kept trail perfect for a family stroll

Mon Feb 13 2017

I liked it better 20 years ago when you had to get wet and pull yourself through the jungle.

Sun Apr 28 2019