Dunn's River Falls is a 1.3 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bog, Saint Ann, Jamaica that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.3 km Elevation Gain: 51 m Route Type: Out & Back

beach

fee

Dunn's River Falls is one of Jamaica's national treasures. There are few places where the Arawak name "Xayamaca" - land of rivers and springs - is more apparent. The Spaniards called the area "Las Chorreras", the waterfalls or springs and it is truly one of the most beautiful spots on the island. Admission fees run about $15 for adults. The vegetation and rock formations are unlike anything else. This is not a typical hiking experience because the hike is done in the falls themselves. Bring water shoes and a swim suit, and expect to be very wet. The best way to do the trip can be guided, or self guided depending on the desired experience. Guided tours are quicker, but a lot of fun, with a chance to buy a customized video of your group. Self guided tours are longer and allow individuals to explore at their leisure.

It was a fun hike with guide. Michael was our guide and he would let us take pictures and he would even taking them for us!!

Wed Nov 14 2018

this is the best waterfall and the only waterfall is able to climb up for people。we hold each other’s hands during the climbing。the tourguider didn ’t give us chance to take pictures on own,I guess because they expect you to buy the vedio DVD at the end,40USD

Tue Oct 23 2018

Simply WONDERFUL the only drawback (which I did not suffer) you must arrive very early, from the opening on your own if you want to enjoy the falls virtually alone. When we left it was crazy the world waiting online that was arriving by bus from hotels and still pirating the days of cruising. I have no one but us on ALL our photos. Versus the tourists in organized activity as it is horribly crowded with people. A must to do at the opening!

Tue Jun 05 2018

very crowded at times but enjoyable

Wed Nov 01 2017

Best Falls I've ever climbed. You fall down a lot, but just get up and keep going. That's part of the adventure. Lots of fun. I went in July of 2011.

Sat Jul 22 2017

amazing!!!! teamwork is key here! You can do it! The key is to feel with your feet before you step and listen to your guide!

Sat Feb 11 2017

Yeah it's not a trail where you actually "hike", but it's great for tourism and extremely fun and pretty

Tue Sep 20 2016

Great tourist trail. Not for someone looking for a serious trail to hike. Climb 900 feet up the side of a waterfall.

Mon Aug 29 2016

Amazing

Sat Jun 11 2016

very beautiful waterfall easy hike not to long about half a mile recommend taking water shoes or sports shoes some of the rocks at the end are slippery fun crowd!

Mon May 12 2014

The most beautiful hike I have been on! The weather was perfect and the water cool, climbing up the rocks was easy - moderate, and the nature was amazing! Will definitely go again!

Mon Jan 20 2014

My wife and I completed this short river hike on our honeymoon and had an amazing time. The hike is very fun and extremely unique. I forget how much it cost to get into the park but it was well worth it for the fun we had.

Sat Oct 20 2018