Learn more

Cascate Acquacheta MTB is a 18.7 mile loop trail located near San Godenzo, Tuscany, Italy that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for nature trips, bird watching, and mountain biking.

Length 18.7 mi Elevation gain 3,510 ft Route type Loop
Recordings (4)
Completed (1)
View user's profile page
S K
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarAugust 3, 2019
HikingOff trailPrivate property
First to Review

This is not a full loop hiking trail, please read before trying. Right side of map is a two-lane road with no shoulder that is frequented by motorcycles. It made for a dangerous return leg as I traversed the winding asphalt downhill. Eventually I hopped a fence and hiked back to an inner trail just to be safe. The disadvantage was that it forced me up and down twice, for a total of 5111-ft of elevation gain. What should have been a 5-6 hour hike took 7.5. I started at San Benedetto and hiked counter-clockwise toward the Falls. The river and all the small pools and falls were quite pleasant and mostly covered by trees., 5-stars for that leg. The Falls gave way to pleasant meadows and trees. After that it was fire road the rest of the way up to the top and back down to the two lane-road. I give that 4-stars. The inner trails were covered for the most part but I lost one and for a bit. The hike down to San Benedetto was steep, 4-stars. I recommend the loop, as it is indeed difficult, but start at San Benedetto, take the inner trails at the bottom of the loop and stay off the two-lane. I chose this hike because of the similarity to Mt Diablo in California near my home.

View S's Recording